Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lions Tour

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Saturday's game will be crucial in terms of confirming Test places and the style of rugby that the Lions will play. I think WG will go for a big defensive effort, go for size wherever possible, priority to a reliable kicker and a solid set piece with a possibility of attacking the ABs in scrums. I think this is the infamous 'Warrenball'? I just can't see us opening up against the ABs.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Worrying injuries to key players. Bad enough losing Vunipola before the tour who would have been a shoo-in as the Test number 8. To lose Farrell for the tests also would be a disaster.

If Fatland is planning to win by stopping NZ playing, then Mike Brown should be on his way now so has a chance to acclimate to the time zone change.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And so replacements have been called up, but based on geographical proximity to NZ.

Regardless of the quality of players selected, it's a controversial and divisive move that smacks of desperation.

Let's see how they get on against the Maoris today, but unseating the All Blacks in a week's time seems unlikely at this stage.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And so replacements have been called up, but based on geographical proximity to NZ.

Regardless of the quality of players selected, it's a controversial and divisive move that smacks of desperation.

Let's see how they get on against the Maoris today, but unseating the All Blacks in a week's time seems unlikely at this stage.

It has devalued the shirt completely, it is meant to be the best of the best.

1 or 2 is ok, but not 6/8

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And Scotland have pulled off a stunning win against Australia......

Amazing

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Agreed, ability and not proximity should be the requirement. I am not impressed with Gatland on this tour so far and both puzzled and disappointed by some of the omissions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, ability and not proximity should be the requirement. I am not impressed with Gatland on this tour so far and both puzzled and disappointed by some of the omissions.

Not following this closely, is he favouring Welsh players by any chance?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lions should be a lot further ahead, but we can't finish the moves off and have to settle for the penalties.

Halfpenny's playing well and his goal kicking is excellent - reassuring with Farrell a doubt for next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here