Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lions Tour

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Lions have played some good stuff on this tour, and when they've been beaten it has been very very tight. But New Zealand are by far and away the best team in the world and unlike the Lions, they've played together as a test team for many years, not just 2 weeks.

My guess is that this will be decided by the team's defences. When the Lions camp inside their 22, they will frequently fail to make it count. When the All Blacks get into those positions, they'll pick the gaps and run in tries.

I can't argue with any of that ..just think that we have a chance albeit a slim one...Gatland has picked an attacking side ..anyway i'll be camped in front of the box tomorrow morning hoping for a competitive game

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Last weekend, New Zealand warmed up for the test series by absolutely annihilating Samoa, 80 points to NIL. That's the same Samoa who are currently within two points of (an albeit, weakened) Wales with 5 minutes to play.

We are going to get spanked.

That Wales team is really weak, like a reserve team and they suffer badly from strength in depth.

The Lions test team would probably put 70 points past them.

Here's hoping for great tests, with fair officials :)

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Probably the only advantage we have is the ref, possibly. But I can't see past a 3-0 whitewash, not to say that the Lions are bad, just that it's a near impossible task to beat the ABs; let alone with a touring side who don't play together.

I just hope it's competitive. Given that Boks and the Wallabies are in transition it could mean NZ stack up the tries over the next few months in other competitions. It does raise a wider question about how one team dominating the game can lead to a negative. I remember reading last year about how the Aussie public aren't bothered with the Bledisloe, whereas the games involving the Pumas, Wallabies and Boks are more interesting as each can beat the other.

The ratings for the v NZ matches started to suffer and sponsors weren't as bothered (from the Aus side obviously).

Go in tomorrow with hope but sense it'll be close and NZ will just go into another gear and win by 10-15 points.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
NZ by 25+ points

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What a load of overblown hullabaloo, to be honest I've been sick of the ridiculously overblown build up to an event which was always going to be so predicatable, a white-wash to the All-Blacks. Perhaps at least we could compete and win a few of the other matches but potentially they could now come home with only a single win on the entire tour. Absolutely embarrassing.

Send them home now.

:facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Probably the only advantage we have is the ref, possibly. But I can't see past a 3-0 whitewash, not to say that the Lions are bad, just that it's a near impossible task to beat the ABs; let alone with a touring side who don't play together.

I just hope it's competitive. Given that Boks and the Wallabies are in transition it could mean NZ stack up the tries over the next few months in other competitions. It does raise a wider question about how one team dominating the game can lead to a negative. I remember reading last year about how the Aussie public aren't bothered with the Bledisloe, whereas the games involving the Pumas, Wallabies and Boks are more interesting as each can beat the other.

The ratings for the v NZ matches started to suffer and sponsors weren't as bothered (from the Aus side obviously).

Go in tomorrow with hope but sense it'll be close and NZ will just go into another gear and win by 10-15 points.

Agree with that

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I think we'll win the first test.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Being the total pessimist I am I've gone for 16-20 gap for the All Blacks at 8/1.
Of course I'm hoping but just can't see us winning. Would love it if we did.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No coverage on BBC radio?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, how light is this team in England players?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The pace the All Blacks play at is so much quicker than our lads are used to. We'll have chances but the Blacks are phenomenal at the moment 10-0

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's the close quarter offloads that are amazing.
Obsessive box kicking from the Lions but when they need fluidity it's not there. They need to play strong Northern hemisphere rugby and get it back to the set piece and slow it down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here