Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lions Tour

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Huge territorial advantage in the second half. It would be good to get a couple more tries, particularly if the backs could get one.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's going well...but I'm not sure who's choosing the music during the stoppages in play.

Bob Marley, Flo Rida and country. I guess they're saving Iron Maiden until later.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I hope I'm wrong but I think we will get hammered. Our attritional, dull, forward dominated plodding game simply won't be enough against an equally powerful All Black squad who are well drilled in the scrum, lineout and loose forward play. Plus, crucially, possess electric speed and power in the backs.

This fella was hardly impressed by the manner in which we played today...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11878416

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I hope I'm wrong but I think we will get hammered. Our attritional, dull, forward dominated plodding game simply won't be enough against an equally powerful All Black squad who are well drilled in the scrum, lineout and loose forward play. Plus, crucially, possess electric speed and power in the backs.

This fella was hardly impressed by the manner in which we played today...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11878416

Don't bother looking at the NZ Herald, they are as bias as reporting comes.

As a Wales supporter I've endured build ups to big tests like this many times in Gatland's reign. He trains the team hard through the opening stages of a series, he does it with the Six Nations, the Autumn Internationals and the World Cup. So they play the early games knackered. Then when the target game is reached they are fully rested and perform well. You have to endure the team looking pretty crap early on and losing but he can prepare a team well for when it matters.

Here's hoping it all comes good next Saturday so they can shut the NZ Herald up :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't bother looking at the NZ Herald, they are as bias as reporting comes.

As a Wales supporter I've endured build ups to big tests like this many times in Gatland's reign. He trains the team hard through the opening stages of a series, he does it with the Six Nations, the Autumn Internationals and the World Cup. So they play the early games knackered. Then when the target game is reached they are fully rested and perform well. You have to endure the team looking pretty crap early on and losing but he can prepare a team well for when it matters.

Here's hoping it all comes good next Saturday so they can shut the NZ Herald up :)

Spot on

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Happy with that result even though it was against a very weakened Chiefs side.

Still, you can only beat the teams in front of you and they did that with style in the 2nd half when the gaps really opened up.

As this was effectively the reserves, I would think that few if any of those players will feature on Saturday.

Pleased for Jack Nowell to get his 2 tries after a poor performance in the 2nd tour match.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The team and the squad for Saturdays first test has been announced ...a few surprises....roll on Saturday morning

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last weekend, New Zealand warmed up for the test series by absolutely annihilating Samoa, 80 points to NIL. That's the same Samoa who are currently within two points of (an albeit, weakened) Wales with 5 minutes to play.

We are going to get spanked.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last weekend, New Zealand warmed up for the test series by absolutely annihilating Samoa, 80 points to NIL. That's the same Samoa who are currently within two points of (an albeit, weakened) Wales with 5 minutes to play.

We are going to get spanked.

78/0 ...those two points seem relevant.....anyway...i don't share your pessimism...i live in hope (a small amount) despite the fact that the All Blacks haven't lost at Eden Park since 1994 (?)

Six nations

Scotland v Ireland 27/22
England spanked Scotland 61/21
Ireland v England 13/9

Hmmm

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
78/0 ...those two points seem relevant.....anyway...i don't share your pessimism
The Lions have played some good stuff on this tour, and when they've been beaten it has been very very tight. But New Zealand are by far and away the best team in the world and unlike the Lions, they've played together as a test team for many years, not just 2 weeks.

My guess is that this will be decided by the team's defences. When the Lions camp inside their 22, they will frequently fail to make it count. When the All Blacks get into those positions, they'll pick the gaps and run in tries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here