The Lions Tour

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Result pretty much as expected then.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Apart from the brilliant try in the first half and some promising breaks, it was a bit disappointing. Too many mistakes in promising positions and where the All Blacks juggle the ball we drop it! Obviously it does not help when we are chasing the game. Enough promise for next week though if we tidy up our game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was tempted to sign up to Sky Sports for the summer, just for the Lions tour. A lifelong Union fan, I have crystal clear memories of the brilliant 1989, 1997 and 2013 Lions Tours. Not just the rugby, but the amazing rapport of the players and touring fans.

NZ are the best team in the world, with a huge home advantage, selecting from 5 elite Super 18 teams, and in effect taking the cream of Pacific Island players from other countries thousands of miles away. Up against a scratch team, allbeit a bloody good one.

Only going to be one winner, the Blacks.

Glad that I didn't waste my dosh and time on this very predictable outcome.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I was tempted to sign up to Sky Sports for the summer, just for the Lions tour. A lifelong Union fan, I have crystal clear memories of the brilliant 1989, 1997 and 2013 Lions Tours. Not just the rugby, but the amazing rapport of the players and touring fans.

NZ are the best team in the world, with a huge home advantage, selecting from 5 elite Super 18 teams, and in effect taking the cream of Pacific Island players from other countries thousands of miles away. Up against a scratch team, allbeit a bloody good one.

I agree that it was always going to be difficult, but I signed up for Now TV for the month and certainly don't think it has been a waste. There's been some good rugby and there is always hope!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Still great to watch though even though The Lions lost. Glad I subscribed. Pity you next season with the Albion if you can only stomach watching your side win.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That first 40 minutes was up there with maybe the best rugby I've ever seen. If The Lions had taken that chance at 13-8 then who knows. You can't chase games against the AB's late on.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That first 40 minutes was up there with maybe the best rugby I've ever seen. If The Lions had taken that chance at 13-8 then who knows.

That is the big weakness of this side, taking the big chances.

The turning points in the game all went NZ way. However they were superior and awesome at times.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some harsh comments on this thread re the Lions. The two missed opportunities at the start of each half were game changing moments, the 90 yard O'Brien try was breathtaking. Lions superb at the line out too. They appear to have left the field injury free and if they play the more dynamic Itoje and Sinckler for AW Jones and Dan Cole they have a chance in the second test.

Credit to NZ though, they hardly put a foot wrong all game.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Could've gone either way in the last 4 minutes with the Hurricanes knock-on and our drop-goal attempt not having the legs to get over.

Henderson or Lawes to get in for the 2nd Test.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could've gone either way in the last 4 minutes with the Hurricanes knock-on and our drop-goal attempt not having the legs to get over.

Henderson or Lawes to get in for the 2nd Test.

Yes George definitely won't make it ..wasn't up to his usual standard last Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here