Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's girls to come back for the premier league season

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Don't be facetious. I do chat but I rarely eat or drink at matches. I used to alwaays have a tea and a pie at Withdean but I rarely bother at Amex.

It's only a little facetious - point is that for many it is an afternoon/evening out; GG might not float it for you but they might for others. Some tolerance required, methinks.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's about providing an excellent customer experience.

Not just about some blokes running around kicking a ball and a bunch of fat blokes in a stand singing monotonous songs.

Without a doubt Paul Barber's experience in North America influences his views on the Albion providing and improving on customer experience and satisfaction when they plan things out.

Spent a minute or so trying to figure out whether this was trolling. Decided on yes, which makes the world a less complicated place.

If you hadn't noticed, the blokes running around kicking a ball and the fat blokes singing monotonous songs have been the allure for over a century.

Thankfully the kids agree with questions such as "why can't the game start now?" etc throughout screeching opera singers and other such 'customer experiences'.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When you go to bed tonight make sure you set your alarm for the 21st century .

Actually, the fact is that in the 21st. century there are likely to be more fat ones - obesity - and childhood obesity - are rapidly growing problems!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Spent a minute or so trying to figure out whether this was trolling. Decided on yes, which makes the world a less complicated place.

If you hadn't noticed, the blokes running around kicking a ball and the fat blokes singing monotonous songs have been the allure for over a century.

Thankfully the kids agree with questions such as "why can't the game start now?" etc throughout screeching opera singers and other such 'customer experiences'.

What a myopic view you have.

The game isn't going to start any sooner if there's no entertainment pre-game. Maybe someone needs to tell those thick kids that.

Perhaps people will get there earlier and spend more money if there is something entertaining on before hand?

Or maybe just fire the whole marketing department because they are pointless when people like you are happy to just going to turn up watch the game and go home. No need for them to come up with any new concepts for the dinosaurs.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What a myopic view you have.
If you think so, personally I think you have a blatant disregard and ignorance for what a traditional footballing experience should be about. My kids absolutely cannot wait for KO, and love to join in with the 'fat blokes' singing with no encouragement needed, perhaps I should tell them their day is up and they need to demand more like a taylor swift solo or a few morris dancers prematch to get excited. I'm all for enhancing the experience by the way, fanzone, interviews, kids pens, cb challenges, half time tomfoolery like bubble soccer and that giant dartboard were all good fun. Most of them involving football and didn't detract from the main event which everyone is there for.

The game isn't going to start any sooner if there's no entertainment pre-game. Maybe someone needs to tell those thick kids that.
I'll let the 'thick' kids know that. They really should know better and appreciate what the club are doing for their 'customers'.

Perhaps people will get there earlier and spend more money if there is something entertaining on before hand?
Most people already get there early with their families and/or mates regardless, and spend their money on food and drink. The majority are still on the concourses while the customer experiences are happening on the pitch. Perhaps things like this compel a few non-football fans to also make the effort which is fair enough.

Or maybe just fire the whole marketing department because they are pointless when people like you are happy to just going to turn up watch the game and go home. No need for them to come up with any new concepts for the dinosaurs.
Yes because opera singers and cheerleaders prematch and other such 'customer experiences' are the only facet of a marketing department. "New concepts" dear oh dear :facepalm:. I'm 30, so i'm not quite a dinosaur yet I'd hope.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
What next to emulate the shower of shit up the road? Cladding the West Stand? American investors?

No. Found it crass
and naff the first time round and we don't need any gimmicks to announce our arrival.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's only a little facetious - point is that for many it is an afternoon/evening out; GG might not float it for you but they might for others. Some tolerance required, methinks.

I have no tolerance for Americanised bullshit at football matches. I've been to American football matches, I've been to baseball matches, I've been to ice-hockey games and thoroughly enjoyed all the pomp and "day outness" of it all. It's brilliant. A huge experience. I don't want it at a football match.

It's why, and I'll say it, I enjoyed Withdean more than I have ever enjoyed the Amex and why I'm dreading our move to PL.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Nice

Attachments

• old1.jpg
    old1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 298

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills