Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Valencia recommendations

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Heading to Valencia next weekend and thought I'd see if the well-travelled folk of NSC have any recommendations for said destination. ???

Any recommendations for things to see and do and good restaurants would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Blake
:albion2:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It is a lovely place.

Would look at doing one of the bus tours, very interesting and gives you a chance to see the city. We also took a walk down the old river and walked to the science museum, didn't actually go in but did have a drink outside.

Lots of great restaurants, try some off the beaten track as they tend to be better quality and where the locals eat.

We went last April and had a quality time, hope you enjoy it!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do the stadium tour, very interesting.

Hire bikes and cycle down the long since diverted river to the beach area.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Heading to Valencia next weekend and thought I'd see if the well-travelled folk of NSC have any recommendations for said destination. ???

Any recommendations for things to see and do and good restaurants would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Blake
:albion2:

Went to Valencia last March with a friend and would honestly say it's one of the few places I'd happily re-visit and do all of the same things over and over.

Definitely recommend doing a bus tour, I think from memory there's 2 around the city, we only did one but that was excellent. Also an advocate of doing the tour of the Mestella Stadium, very well put together and I seem to remember the tour guide being spectacularly good looking, which is always a positive.

Would definitely suggest getting the pass thing you can get for the Metro, think it cost us 20 Euros each for the 3 days we were there and was very helpful and good for all of the lines in the city. The stadium was about 3/4 stops right from the city centre as well I believe and from Valencia airport gets you straight to the city centre in no time at all.

Hopefully be of some use!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Check out 'Spectacular Spain with Alex Polizzi', episode 2 where she visits Valencia.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
There was a thread on here a few months ago I'm pretty sure - see if you can find it. It had a lot of good recommendations in it.

My personal tip would be Taveberna el Olivo, central but not a tourist trap - lots of locals go there in the evening. Fantastic atmosphere in a tiny square in the Old Town under an ancient Olive Tree, good tapas too: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...a_Province_of_Valencia_Valencian_Country.html

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can only agree with others take a bus tour have a long walk in the reclaimed river explore the old town.

You will enjoy your visit its a fabulous city

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Do the stadium tour, very interesting.

Hire bikes and cycle down the long since diverted river to the beach area.

100% this, easily one of the best cities in the world to hire a decent "dutch style" bike (that anyone can ride) and cycle safely around the many cycle tracks and no car/pedestrian areas, including to the beaches both east and west. The main undercover market is worth stocking up in and the local brandy was marvellous. Regret visiting the aquarium but if you like that type of thing then you may enjoy it. Shame you miss the Las Fallas festival, my ears are still ringing from the fire works. We tried multiple local working man type tapas-y restuarants which were both cheap and good quality.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Take your panini stickers - Saturday mornings in town have hundreds of boys and grown men swapping the Spanish equivalent.

Home of paella, with good restaurants in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
When we did the science museum, the top floor exhibit was Valencia fc, it's was only then did I realise what a legend Vicente was.the rest of the museum was pretty good as well.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Craft beers, and lots of them now. The industry is growing quickly and it's pretty high quality. Look for ("Er Boqueron" which is really made using sea water and tastes very refreshing with not a hint of salt! Not as cheap as ordering a draft beer but far more deliciouos.

Loads of good restaurants and bars in the Carme area of the city, and some cool graffiti on the walls too.

Favourite tapas bar is Che which is cheap and cheerful but very local.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Went last week, quality place!

Science and arts museum is well worth a visit, the whole area is impressive including an open air nightclub next door. Bus tour is worth it although the city centre can be navigated comfortably on foot in a few hours. North train station next to the bull ring is impressive.

We saw the last game of the football season and the Mestalka is brilliant! Assuming the tour is decent so put that on the list.

The beach area is also worth an afternoon, cracking bars on the promenade and a fancy beach bar if you're that way inclined. As someone mentioned lots of craft beer places and amazing tapas wherever you turn!

You'll enjoy the place I have no doubt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here