Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ian Anderson in arrivals at Ibiza airport asked me to let Arthur Browne know that he was in the bar if I saw him. Totally random, maybe he thought I was a meet and great service

That's quality - wonder if they did meet in the bar.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The entire Palace squad on a flight from North Carolina to Heathrow.

Gave Murray and Chamakh a muted jeer as they boarded.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Used to work in Alderley Edge and saw loads of man utd wandering around. Denis Healy got my kite out of a bush on the firehills when i was younger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Had a piss next to Jimmy Greaves and Ron Atkinson in the bog at the back of the chicken run at a televised Brighton vrs Liverpool
They were perched up the Scaffolding tv studio working.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Alan Ball at Butlins Bognor in the early 80s.

Singer Gregory Porter in the breakfast queue at hotel in Manchester last year.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
At the top of a ski lift in Chamonix I was pointing at a man and saying that he looked just like Ian Botham. My wife pointed behind me to where the actual Ian Botham was stood.

Do I win £5?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A playboy model sat next to me on a flight once and tried to chat me up. I had to tell her I was 'married' and 'besides you're not my type...' I hate it when worlds sexiest women do that, so presumptuous and I had an important spreadsheet to finish too.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Lynford Christie at a petrol station,Manly,Sydney 1996,He was buying Lucozade and chocolate,I was getting 20 fags for Me Boss.Said hello,seemed a nice chap.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
David Gilmour in Harry Ramsdens
Mark Hughes and Matt Le Tissier at Lego Land
Matt Le Tissier at Poultons Park
Finding myself swimming alongside Billy Beaumont in Ibiza
James Kirtley at a Hugh Cornwell gig

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
In the 90s, Chris Eubank handing out signed pics of himself outside a hotel on Brighton seafront - surely I'm not the only one that saw him there.

As a kid - Bob Todd from the Benny Hill show, when I was about 5. He knew my mum as she served him at a pub in Uckfield, and they were chatting in the street. I was pretty oblivious to who it was at the time.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The entire Palace squad on a flight from North Carolina to Heathrow.

Gave Murray and Chamakh a muted jeer as they boarded.

Saw the entire Palace squad and support staff of the same era, with cones, bibs, water coolers etc, going down an escalator to the Northern Line at London Bridge.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
In the 90s, Chris Eubank handing out signed pics of himself outside a hotel on Brighton seafront - surely I'm not the only one that saw him there.

As a kid - Bob Todd from the Benny Hill show, when I was about 5. He knew my mum as she served him at a pub in Uckfield, and they were chatting in the street. I was pretty oblivious to who it was at the time.

I was on a bus once and Chris Eubank jogged past and waved ... no one waved back

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Dennis Wise, in Altrincham high street, stood outside a shop with a pram containing a crying baby whilst his Missus was inside shopping! (circa 1988). Totally normal bloke.

Geoff Capes filling up his Nissan Patrol at Dartford Services (early 90's). Not as big as his heyday, but still a man-mountain at the time.

Used to see Ryan Giggs out a lot in Alderley Edge, along with plenty of other Man Utd players. Always left with at least one bird. His "favourite combo" was two girls at a time, but one had to be blonde and one had to be brunette. (mid-late 90's)

Dwight Yorke (Cheshire) and Brighton, when he was seeing Katie Price. Used to help out behind the bar at his local when it got busy! I commented on his Jacob & Co watch, and he smiled, took it off, and handed it to me. Had to give it back though... (late 90's)

Vanessa Feltz, a few years ago, on a Virgin Atlantic flight to Antigua with her Husband who used to be in Fats & Small (was it?). She was in PE, we were in Upper. Felt a bit wrong!! Maybe the flight was oversold or she booked late. She got talking to my wife in the Galley waiting for the loo.

Norman Cook aka Fatboy Slim in the slow lane going towards Brighton in his Aston Martin (a few years ago)

Cut to the present day and I've dealt with a few 'Slebs' in my line of business. I won't list them all - but here are a few :

Cilla Black doing her gardening, in wellies and a cardie, spotted from Denis Wise's conservatory.

Heidi Range (Sugababes) in her apartment block lift with some boyband kid who was apparently also famous.

Rachel Stevens (she's TINY!) at her home in London

Diana Rigg - who answered the door to me in her nightie, made me a cuppa, and didn't give a sh*t. Lovely lady. I could have spent all day talking to her - she's got some stories, I tell thee!

Ian Kelsey (ex Emmerdale, Corrie etc) who lives in Brighton. THE most laid back man I've ever met in my life! Didn't recognise him, he walked into my business premises and after chatting for about 20 minutes I asked him what he did... Felt a right tit as I used to watch Emmerdale too!!

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

I think EVERONE who's ever lived in Brighton will have see Chris Eubank at some point. Never a low key sleb, our Chris.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Vince Clark from Erasure sitting on the floor of a packed departure lounge at JFK airport

I've seen Andy Bell from Erasure getting on a 22 bus to Ore, where he lives, outside M&S in Hastings town centre. Strange how Rock n Roll can take a duo in such different directions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here