Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bloody hell! That is a cracking claim to fame. That was, I believe, their very first gig in the UK. I only ever saw the Wee Papa Girl Rappers at the Carioca.

Oh yes indeedy their very first but meant little to me at the time.
Also The Detroit Emeralds of ' Feel the need in me ' fame on their introductory tour on night and sat chatting with them , really nice guys .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh yes indeedy their very first but meant little to me at the time.
Also The Detroit Emeralds of ' Feel the need in me ' fame on their introductory tour on night and sat chatting with them , really nice guys .

Fair play to you matey. I'm genuinely in awe.

D

Deleted User X18H

Paul Weller is the most famous person I've ever seen, but he wasn't somewhere unusual (not for him anyway) he was on stage at The Brighton Centre singing 'Sunflower'

Second most famous person I've ever seen is the bloke that played Marcus Tandy in Eldorado, he was in a bookies in St James Street

What about YIng Tong John?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I once had a piss next to Matthew Kelly at the Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh during the Fringe. Nice chap.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Lena Zavaroni on the Level.
Ronnie Corbett with Frankie Howard on the Palace Pier.
Acker Bilk and Humphrey Littleton on a cruise ship.
Jane Warner whilst sweeping the floor in Woolworths.
The singer Yazz at McDonalds in St Johns Wood.
The whole band Bucks Fizz in a kitchen showroom.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Mended a few people's phones/lines in the 80's

Tim Rathbone when he was MP for Lewes. Bit pompous as I recall. Nice house though...

Alan Weeks, the commentator.

John Illsley from Dire Straits.

Laurence Oliver, who made me a cup of tea while I was working in his house and apologised for "only having digestives".

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Pepsi and Shirley (of Wham fame) in the bar of Victoria Stakis hotel Nottingham

Axe in the car park of Remingtons nightclub Houston

Steve Foster in the cafe by Hove Station

Ann Margaret in the Spindletop restaurant of the Holiday Inn Houston

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Chris Old used to work for the same bank as me in the early '90s.

Ian McClloch on the next table in a Liverpool restaurant with his Mrs c 1995; they were sat by an open fire and Macca very impressively managed to keep his overcoat and sunglasses on the entire time...and smoked about 40 fags as well.

A track-suited John Barnes and Peter Beardsley walking together down a deserted Lord Street, Liverpool on a Sunday evening just after they had signed for LFC (1987?). I said "good luck" and Barnes said "cheers".

Duncan McKenzie in a hotel bar in, I think, Warwick(?). I babbled that he was one of my dad's favourite ever players, but that dad said he was nowhere near as good as Johnny Haynes :-0

I Was in Smythson on Bond Street a couple of Xmases ago, marvelling at how expensive everything was, when somebody put two hands on my shoulders and gently guided me out of their way whilst almost whispering in my ear "please, you excuse me...". Roberto Mancini, and boy did he look like a film star..

Mrs KK once held the door open for Ulrika-ka-ka in Fenwicks, Windsor and got really shirty when no "thank you" was offered..

On a foodie-weekend jaunt to London from Nottingham where we lived, probably early 2000's:-
Bryan Ferry with a young and very tall model-type woman at the next table in River Cafe; the next day saw tiny John Torode whilst wandering around Mayfair then that night during pre-dinner drinks at Claridges, I was just pointing out to Mrs KK that Gordon Ramsay was walking across the foyer woman in his chef whites, when she said to me "the older guy sat next to you with that group of kids looks just like Harvey Keitel..."; my response, after a quick glance, was "that's because it is Harvey Keitel". Later on the Barclay brothers were ushered to a table in Ramsay's restaurant way after normal last orders (about 11.15pm) whilst I was finishing my cheese board.

Super Hans pushing a pram in North Laine.

Jeremy Vine and family in Chiswick High Road; chatted with my bro-in-law about the Hogarth statue and they swapped 'interesting' facts about Hogarth and his pet pug.... I went to the nearest pub :)

Anneka Rice in a bar / restaurant in Belfast a couple of years ago; she looked very well and was very pleasant.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oasis in Our Price, Dorking in about '98.

John Terry in the chip shop in Cobham

Patrick Bergin in the Lion and Lobster

Hugh Grant on a London to Brighton train, next to me in standard carriage getting angrier and more "tutty" every time the train bounced causing his finger to knock his iPad.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Having completed a 6 week road trip around the US via Greyhound buses in 1997 on our final motel stop in San Francisco before flying back to the UK we pooled our final dollars to take a limo to the airport . As we pulled up and got out a taxi stopped behind us and out stepped Vince Clark and Andy Bell of Erasure .....cheepskates. Although they did fly First Class on our flight .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Lived on a Cheshire Housing Estate called Delamere Park with its own Sports Centre, Swimming Pool and Bar in the late 1970's and yes living up to the cliches we had Man United players there!

As a consequence got thrashed by Steve Coppell at squash and beat Gordon McQueen at Pool one evening. McQueen wasn't the sharpest tool in the box as I recall whereas Coppell was doing a degree at Liverpool University and in conversation didn't come over as a Footballer at all.

Not a sportsperson but Bob Carolgees (of Spit the Dog fame) was also a Pool Room regular.

I was only 17 but remember you could get a pint for 25p...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Eric Clapton playing table tennis at Field Place, Goring

England footballer Danny Mills on a beach in Cornwall

Madonna caught in two minds at the pick 'n' mix at Woolworths in Worthing, mid 90s

Henry Cooper gargling in the gents at Toddington services off the M1

Elvis Costello and the Attractions trying to haggle down the price of a glass vase in Oxfam, Teddington, sometime in the 80s

PS I made all these up. Except one.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Eric Clapton playing table tennis at Field Place, Goring

England footballer Danny Mills on a beach in Cornwall

Madonna caught in two minds at the pick 'n' mix at Woolworths in Worthing, mid 90s

Henry Cooper gargling in the gents at Toddington services off the M1

Elvis Costello and the Attractions trying to haggle down the price of a glass vase in Oxfam, Teddington, sometime in the 80s

PS I made all these up. Except one.

Danny Mills?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here