Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iconic BHAFC Photos - top 6

gumbopickles

Jul 10, 2003
brighton
Hello,

Just moved house and really want to get some iconic Brighton black and white photos up on a wall in the house. So two questions

Who is the best person or website to go to to get these - have looked around and seen various ones in various places but wondered if there is a place that has the best quality ones - obviously I am happy to pay for decent copies

Secondly what would your top iconic moments /photos ? i am just going off my time watching Albion so 1993 onwards - so far i've gone below though some are predictable

Storer - Doncaster
Reinelt - Hereford
Cullip header chesterfield promotion 2001 - though hard to find decent photo of that
Knights play off final pen 2004 - though not sure i want that little gangster on my wall
Promotion 2002
Ulloa - Forest 2014
Promotion this year - players all in press box
Paul Mcshane - Palace away

I did toy with idea of iconic protest ones and was gonna dig out my more than 90 minutes copy but think I want to focus on the positives !!

Thanks in advance

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The picture of award with his arms aloft is iconic I'd say.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hello,

Just moved house and really want to get some iconic Brighton black and white photos up on a wall in the house. So two questions

Who is the best person or website to go to to get these - have looked around and seen various ones in various places but wondered if there is a place that has the best quality ones - obviously I am happy to pay for decent copies

Secondly what would your top iconic moments /photos ? i am just going off my time watching Albion so 1993 onwards - so far i've gone below though some are predictable

Storer - Doncaster
Reinelt - Hereford
Cullip header chesterfield promotion 2001 - though hard to find decent photo of that
Knights play off final pen 2004 - though not sure i want that little gangster on my wall
Promotion 2002
Ulloa - Forest 2014
Promotion this year - players all in press box
Paul Mcshane - Palace away

I did toy with idea of iconic protest ones and was gonna dig out my more than 90 minutes copy but think I want to focus on the positives !!

Thanks in advance

Can't believe you did not mention Ward or Mullery!!!

As for McShane, isn't it accepted it was an own goal by most people now?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I love this one, not got a clue who anyone is except Norman! If anyone could put a squad name, year, occasion it would be appreciated.View attachment image.jpeg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Any excuse to post this pic again (Eric Gill):-

EricGill.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bloom in the west stand after the Wigan game, with the pitch invasion behind him?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love this one, not got a clue who anyone is except Norman! If anyone could put a squad name, year, occasion it would be appreciated.View attachment 85930

Long way before my time but I'd hazard a (hopefully decent) guess that the chap with the dark curly hair in the front row (first player on the left side, champagne bottle in hand) is Bobby Smith, and thus logically, this would be Archie Macaulay's 1964/65 Fourth Division Championship winning side?

My Dad would probably be able to name a fair few of them: I think this was his first proper season as a supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Courtesy of the Goldstone Wrap website.

SLACKS.

68d164fbaf0ec58c68bd420b066f4ea7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I love this one, not got a clue who anyone is except Norman! If anyone could put a squad name, year, occasion it would be appreciated.View attachment 85930

It is the 64/65 team, back row, Jimmy Collins, Norman Gall, Jack Smith, Bill Cassidy, Dave Turner, Johnny Goodchild and Steve Burtenshaw.
Players in front are, Bobby Smith, Wally Gould, Mel Hopkins, Brian Powney, Jack Bertolini, not sure of guy in front, I`ll have a punt at Jimmy McGill?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
It is the 64/65 team, back row, Jimmy Collins, Norman Gall, Jack Smith, Bill Cassidy, Dave Turner, Johnny Goodchild and Steve Burtenshaw.
Players in front are, Bobby Smith, Wally Gould, Mel Hopkins, Brian Powney, Jack Bertolini, not sure of guy in front, I`ll have a punt at Jimmy McGill?

Thanks for the quick response, had a vague idea it was the league 4 promotion but my only clue was Norman, champagne and a hunk with BRIG printed on his towel! Happy days ehh Ernest x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here