Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli - Looking elsewhere - reports

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Poco talking openly about going back to Belgium. Says no offer from albion... yet.

“I know I’m associated with Standard Liege. It all adds up: I will soon be a free agent, they need new blood and I’m an ex-player of Les Rouches. At the moment there is no contact, but the board is looking for players who are interested in their project.
“If I did go to Standard, I am one of the leaders in the dressing rooms anyway – not by shouting loudly, by setting a good example.
“I certainly would be an example for the young players.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...te-career-with-third-stint-at-standard-liege/

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I wondered if the Baggies had a one year option on him but no mention of that. He'd be a strong addition.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
After the Villa game I'm not surprised we're looking elsewhere.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
After the Villa game I'm not surprised we're looking elsewhere.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

It's a shame it's looking like that will be his last game for us, as he had played well enough in other games. But he did have a total mare at Villa.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Always thought it was going to be one of either Pog or Bong.

Assuming we are in the market for a new starting left back and Bong financially was a better deal as a back up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Always thought it was going to be one of either Pog or Bong.

Assuming we are in the market for a new starting left back and Bong financially was a better deal as a back up.

I don't think it's just financially, despite Bong having a bizarrely poor reputation amongst some sections of our support, we've only lost 3 (?) league games he's started and surprisingly few goals tended to come from his area of the pitch. That said, we do need a very good left back anyway. I expect Bong to be a solid second choice next season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pulis doesn't rate him apparently.

I think the last game of the season up at Villa showed up some frailties in his game and going into the Premiership you really need to make sure that you spend wisely. So decent as he is I think I wouldn't be looking at throwing a 2 or 3 year deal at him either.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Both Bong and Poc are ideal squad players for us next year but yes we should be able to get 1 better LB to start and no we don't need both. While I love Poc and would have chosen him ahead of Bong am very happy with either and glad it's done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here