Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Gallagher -

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I think it proves that with neither the drums or guitars the song isn't complete enough to perform... Not a song for Acapella!

He performed that for the people who were at the gig.. And may I say, with another 1,700 people singing it, it sounded f*cking amazing. I doubt many artists, especially rock artists would sound much better without backing music.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Just rewatched last nights gig and Liam has definitely got his voice back! I last saw him with Oasis at Wembley in 2009 and thought he was finished. The 2012 Olympic ceremony I was actually sad to see him perform so so badly. Then he gets my hopes up about an Oasis reunion with his 'happy birthday rkid' tweet and appears at a 'kids concert' yesterday, maybe showing he's chilling out before calling Noel a sad **** for not dropping everything to get to Manchester for the gig this morning.... Wall of glass growing on me too ��

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Just rewatched last nights gig and Liam has definitely got his voice back! I last saw him with Oasis at Wembley in 2009 and thought he was finished. The 2012 Olympic ceremony I was actually sad to see him perform so so badly. Then he gets my hopes up about an Oasis reunion with his 'happy birthday rkid' tweet and appears at a 'kids concert' yesterday, maybe showing he's chilling out before calling Noel a sad **** for not dropping everything to get to Manchester for the gig this morning.... Wall of glass growing on me too ��

I went to the Wembley gig on the Saturday night, I think.

I was second from the front and I can't really remember much of any of it. Strange as I wasn't drunk or anything. Must've been overawed by it all or something. Nearly shook Liam's hand as he walked past the crowd at the end.

Pissed it down at the end and had no idea where the station was.

Hopefully I remember the Wembley experience more this season!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I went to the Wembley gig on the Saturday night, I think.

I was second from the front and I can't really remember much of any of it. Strange as I wasn't drunk or anything. Must've been overawed by it all or something. Nearly shook Liam's hand as he walked past the crowd at the end.

Pissed it down at the end and had no idea where the station was.

Hopefully I remember the Wembley experience more this season!

Yup that was the night I was there, it was June I believe, freezing cold and pissing down. Kasabian and I think the Enemy supporting, seem to remember the Enemy not showing up but that might have been another gig on another day. The queue for the station was awful, I was soaked, hungover and cold and then when we finally got on the tube we got on one going the wrong way...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yup that was the night I was there, it was June I believe, freezing cold and pissing down. Kasabian and I think the Enemy supporting, seem to remember the Enemy not showing up but that might have been another gig on another day. The queue for the station was awful, I was soaked, hungover and cold and then when we finally got on the tube we got on one going the wrong way...

You're right, the Enemy didn't show. This was the third time I saw Oasis after Knebworth and Mk bowl and had raved about them to my Mrs who I took for the first time. She couldn't see what all the fussed was about and I think she called it right that Kasabian put on a better show. As you say a bad gig made worse by the p!ssing rain.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was never a massive fan of Oasis but coming of age in the 90's they were everywhere and by proxy became part of the soundtrack of that age. Their music was always playing in pubs, on the shopfloor at my first job, in mate's cars as we all got on the road, on TFI etc and so I have a nostalgic soft spot for Liam. Shame his voice has turned to shit. I suppose cocaine, booze, late nights and shouting at southerners will take its toll.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Chinatown - let the haters hate.

IMG_0261.PNG

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Sorry, but this is such an uneducated view. Liam is a really nice bloke who always has time for the fans.

Have you seen Supersonic?

About 6 years ago at a Paul Weller gig (RoundHouse) he chatted and spoke to my 13 year old son for about 15 minutes. He was really kind. A real gent! Not the character portrayed by the media. I enjoyed watching him bop his heart out to A Town Called Malice, along with everyone else!

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
Sounds like barely any legit fans did, sold out in 1 minute and on sale via resellers for £300+
Gutted. Very poorly managed pre sale.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
About 6 years ago at a Paul Weller gig (RoundHouse) he chatted and spoke to my 13 year old son for about 15 minutes. He was really kind. A real gent! Not the character portrayed by the media. I enjoyed watching him bop his heart out to A Town Called Malice, along with everyone else!

I think there is 2 Liam's, 1 in front of the camera where he plays up and is quite entertaining and by all accounts the 2nd Liam is very approachable and friendly, Noel I think is apparently more up himself.

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
It was a bit of a nightmare, but I managed to get 2 standing tickets eventually. The site had an issue early on, but when they rebooted it at around 10:10 I managed to get them! It does sound like it sold out very quickly though, but they have held some tickets back for Friday's general sale I believe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here