Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Study finds magic mushrooms are the safest recreational drug

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
ok mate.
8407d33773d27b255ed1924ef1d52c67.jpg

Qat/Khat - about, what, a 1% risk of harm to others?

Bollocks. Half the African machete wielding limb-loppers are off their tits on the stuff when they go on the rampage!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.theguardian.com/society...ogenic-mushrooms-safest-recreational-drug-lsd

Of the more than 12,000 people who reported taking psilocybin hallucinogenic mushrooms in 2016, just 0.2% of them said they needed emergency medical treatment – a rate at least five times lower than that for MDMA, LSD and cocaine. .

At that rate, if it were the chance of poking myself in the eye with my biro, I'd have been ****ing blind in both eyes decades ago. Good luck, shroomies :bigwave::lolol::moo:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Never liked the idea of hallucinogens as I need to be in control and the fear of a bad trip would surely lead to an inevitable bad experience. Only bad experience I have seen was a friend who got himself stuck in some sort of mind loop whereby he was doubting his own existence and therefore was it possible for him to die. All in all he wrecked my buzz from the evening and settled once and for all that I wouldn't dabble in shrooms.

Nothing against anyone else doing them though as I think most sensible people know if they can handle them or not.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It also rates the smoker of a packet of Benson & Hedges more dangerous to others than someone who's just tooted five lines of Coke!!

Where did that graph come from - the harmless bloke on LSD?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Qat/Khat - about, what, a 1% risk of harm to others?
That's clearly not a percentage per use, or we'd have over a 70% chance of causing harm every time we have a drink. I've had my share of booze, and I'm not sure I've ever so much as harmed myself falling over.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
It also rates the smoker of a packet of Benson & Hedges more dangerous to others than someone who's just tooted five lines of Coke!!

Where did that graph come from - the harmless bloke on LSD?

I cannot believe in this day and age people don't understand the dangers of passive smoking. But again smoking is legal so people can stand atop of their hill and look down at those horrible people taking illegal drugs, even if some are arguably safer and actually have health benefits

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's clearly not a percentage per use, or we'd have over a 70% chance of causing harm every time we have a drink. I've had my share of booze, and I'm not sure I've ever so much as harmed myself falling over.

which highlights that its a pretty daft analysis. i dont know why some try to push the "harm" of alcohol when study after study show some health benefit to moderate drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here