Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our first game

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think it'll be at home as Pride is the Saturday prior, so a potential stumbling block is thus removed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As long as it's not Newcastle or Huddersfield I will be happy :)

Although I've not seen a definite "yes", I believe the rumour is that all newly promoted teams get their first game at home, so if true, it won't be either of them :thumbsup:

Bucephalus

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
we often seem to play a team beginning with A, B, C etc in first match of season so suspect the computer generated(?) algorithm for fixtures is alphabetically based to a degree with manual intervention thereafter (advice from police / local derbies etc)

on that basis an opener vs Arsenal or Chelsea could be a good bet although equally B'mouth or Palace

that said, preference would be for any match that gets us 3 pts on the board after the first match

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Home to Swansea, Watford or Huddersfield please. I would like the best chance of getting 3 points on the board asap.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
West Brom please,or Leicester.:thumbsup::angel:

el punal

I thought each club was allowed to have 'special dispensation' on two home fixtures in the season. (I maybe way off beam on this). In previous seasons, for example, the Albion ensured that no fixture clashed with University open days. Another example is our opening fixture at the Amex against Doncaster.

Whether this is applicable in the Premier League I don't know - but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a home fixture to kick off the season and played on the Friday night before everyone else or the Saturday lunchtime gig. You never know, we could be top of the league for a couple of hours! :albion2:

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
If we get a winnable game i.e. Swansea at home ,we will only need twelve more wins to stay up!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
we often seem to play a team beginning with A, B, C etc in first match of season so suspect the computer generated(?) algorithm for fixtures is alphabetically based to a degree with manual intervention thereafter (advice from police / local derbies etc)

The past two years we've had Nottingham Forest.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Opening weekend of the season will have sky utilising Friday Night....so that will be us...Brighton Live = Friday Night...

Jul 7, 2003
I'm fairly sure that in recent years the promoted sides have had their first games shown live. Given the story behind our rise to the top division for the first time (at least in Sky's version of football) I think it is odds-on that we will get a live TV game to start.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm fairly sure that in recent years the promoted sides have had their first games shown live. Given the story behind our rise to the top division for the first time (at least in Sky's version of football) I think it is odds-on that we will get a live TV game to start.

I think Huddersfield's story, could even usurp ours. 43 years outside the top flight, compared to our 'mere' 34.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here