Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who did you think was the most exciting signing Albion have made

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Andy Ritchie, our most expensive player ever when you compare the what was being spent at the time.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Bobby Smith, also other signings that seemed big were Frank Worthington, Joe Kinnear ,Phil Beale , Frank Stapleton, Martin Chivers. Apart from Smith they were all well past their prime but were big names.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Has to be Jimmy Case for me. A Liverpool regular in a team that was pretty much winning everything at the time and still the right side of 30 as opposed to being at the end of his career.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Fran Sandaza.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just a thought
Barry Bridges
only seen one match he played for us and he was head and shoulders above the rest

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure many will name Vicente but I must confess to hardly knowing who he was when I saw the announcement
I don't think it matters if you didn't know whom he was before, once we signed him you found out and that dictated how excited you'd be etc - so same principle for any exciting future transfers we make.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like many, I was very excited by the signing of CMS.. Oh well.

After seeing him nearly single handedly destroy us at Bristol Rovers (we still won) I was very excited by the signing of Will Hoskins. Sadly he never remained fit.

As a child, I remember getting very excited by the signing of Ken Beamish. That one actually worked out quite well,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here