Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who did you think was the most exciting signing Albion have made

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
at the time. This is the important bit because some of us were in raptures about CMS when he signed, the disappointment that followed was long and drawn out.

Given what a rubbish time we had had I think managing to sign BZ after losing out on someone whose name escapes me that went to Brentford. The 100k we allegedly spent seemed like millions, to me, after the recent signings like OGH for a set of kit and the fan funded Rod Thomas.

I'm sure many will name Vicente but I must confess to hardly knowing who he was when I saw the announcement. BZ though, for me was a massive signing and the first shoots that this club was in recovery mode, for me anyway.

Maybe this season will see us trump them all, although older fans than me will probably struggle to better the amazement when recent England International Bobby Smith signed.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A chap called John Napier who was a centre half signed from ? Bolton for a then club record fee of £25,000.00. He was very good too.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Peter Ward

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Vicente, I knew who he was.

This.

I'm sure older fans will mention Bobby Smith and the shock of an England striker joining a 4th division team but Vicente was a world class player, a real name. It was a signing that really made me excited

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
Surely it's Bobby Smith.

Was a current England International, had won the double with Spurs the previous season (being instrumental in that)

It is the biggest coup in the club's history

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a good friend who is a lifelong Valencia fan. When I told him we had signed Vicente, his first comment was" great player but he is always injured these days" (in a Spanish accent obviously). have to confess it cooled my excitement. Proved right too :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here