Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nope, won't convince me it was any different, and I was dancing about like an idiot on the pitch that day, just like them Reading lot before Ulloa scored at Forest.

Not any difference?

Margins between reading being in the playoffs and not was 1 goal, margin between us this season after the wigan game was 30+ goals, quite obvious to see the difference.

This!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Nope, won't convince me it was any different, and I was dancing about like an idiot on the pitch that day, just like them Reading lot before Ulloa scored at Forest.

Yeah, I was really taken aback when Tony, Chris and the players all celebrated automatic promotion with the supporters when it so similar to the Reading scenario...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Margins between reading being in the playoffs and not was 1 goal, margin between us this season after the wigan game was 30+ goals, quite obvious to see the difference.

You still don't celebrate until you're over the margin, and we weren't. I don't remember a pitch invasion in 1979.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For almost a third of the past decade they've been in the Premier League

Reading may have lost countless play-off finals, and be labelled by some on here as tin pot, and bottle jobs, but what you say is absolutely true. Reading have competed in the Premier League several times in recent years.

How many times have we been able to do that? oh hang on . . .

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I couldn't see on the videos posted, but in one of those videos of "that" pitch invasion, there is one Reading lad doing one arm push ups on the pitch. To my mind that makes a hilarious situation even funnier. Please don't ask me to find it as I have looked and can't find it. I remember it clearly though as it spontaneously made me laugh every time I thought about it for a year.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Talking to my Wealdstone FC mate today, it transpires that Reading were even beaten by Huddersfield to arranging for fans to go drinking at the WFC bar prior to the playoff final.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here