Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia is it all what it is made out to be ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
over the years i reckon we have had over 2o visitors from sussex all of whom were shown a rip roaring time .......the only slight blemish was my recently married niece for whom we erected the mother of all tents in our back garden in sydney...air beds , fans , lights all running from an extension cable from the house ...we woke in the morning to find a note saying they had gone to stay in a backpackers in Bondi because her husband got upi n the small hours for a piss and got freaked out by all the " strange noises" in the garden....fact of the matter is there was nothing at all there.....typical , soft , English twatt.....i know what i would have been doing if i was put in a tent with my recently betrothed ....apparently he didn't have the gumption for it......he is a palace fan from Royal Tunbridge Wells...i rest my case.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
oh yeah...and you'd know wouldn't ya......ya flamin' galah...!!

Pull ya head in mate. Bite ya bum and throw another yabbie on the barbie.

Or my own personal outback favourite - 'Get a dog up ya'. Got that one off my ex-Aussie wife.

Classy bunch.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Just back after a week downunder.
Stayed with relatives in Dandenong outside Melbourne, as well as travelling the Great Ocean Road and The Grampians, so not able to comment on the whole continent!

Surprised
How easy the flight was. Not the torture I'd been expecting. #flyemirates
How friendly the locals were
Kangaroos really do just roam around wild
Rather like suburban USA nobody walks anywhere, but unlike the USA, most people are not fat as a result
Melbourne Airport has no rail link - astonishing for such a world city hosting all the major sporting events that it does.

Disappointed
How cold it was, and the evenings are dark and miserable (it is their winter)

Delighted
In the scenery of the Great Ocean Road
The Spectacular Grampian mountains
What a nice city downtown Melbourne was. I'd like to go back to watch sport there, especially cricket. The stadia are really close to the city centre
The Gold rush town in Ballarat was superb.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Try the Dirt Roads on Kangeroo Island those roads are far better than our lanes,B roads and without doubt many A roads.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just back after a week downunder.
Stayed with relatives in Dandenong outside Melbourne, as well as travelling the Great Ocean Road and The Grampians, so not able to comment on the whole continent!

Surprised
How easy the flight was. Not the torture I'd been expecting. #flyemirates
How friendly the locals were
Kangaroos really do just roam around wild
Rather like suburban USA nobody walks anywhere, but unlike the USA, most people are not fat as a result
Melbourne Airport has no rail link - astonishing for such a world city hosting all the major sporting events that it does.

Disappointed
How cold it was, and the evenings are dark and miserable (it is their winter)

Delighted
In the scenery of the Great Ocean Road
The Spectacular Grampian mountains
What a nice city downtown Melbourne was. I'd like to go back to watch sport there, especially cricket. The stadia are really close to the city centre
The Gold rush town in Ballarat was superb.

I went out for the 2006/7 Ashes series. Arrived 40 degree bush fire weather in !Melbourne. Got a bike cycled to the Grampians. Overnight the temp went to 12 degrees and massive wind. Carried on down to the Great Ocean Road. Watched us lose the Ashes in a pub in Apollo Bay. Piss taken out of me by all and sundry. Carried on cycling down to the bottom of the bay and back up the other side. Mate arrived for the Melbourne test all white and pastry from Wales. Xmas day 12 degrees and pissing rain. Lost test in 3 days. Off to Sydney lost 5-0 series. Great trip.
Spent 2 years in Sydney from1981 and loved it but luckily escaped and got back in time for the Wembley Final. Friends from then are as close as family and their children come over to stay on their world trips. I'm more a South Downs chap.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Ive been here almost 4 years, and i quite like it. The worst thing about Sydney is the cost of housing, congestion and the backpackers, but the wages are good, beaches are plentiful and food is brilliant. Perth is ok if you like sprawling suburbs, Melbourne is quirky and QLDers are some of the friendliest people you will meet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here