Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia is it all what it is made out to be ?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
No, not me. I went to Worthing on Friday with the wife. We had fish and chips, a walk on the pier finished off with an ice cream cone with double flakes. Hope this helps. :D

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Best country to live in the world imo, Just pips Canada to the title.

Hoping for the proposed visa waiver agreement between Aus/NZ/CAN/UK to go through and I'll be on the first plane back out there.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Drove all the way down to Sydney from Cairns over 5 weeks. Stunning part of the world with beautiful beaches and landscapes. Great to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Keep going and go to New Zealand instead.

:thumbsup: With Canada, amazing places. Varied scenery, with snow capped mountains in parts.

Australia's unbearably hot and humid for much of the year (in the tropics all year), and getting hotter, with sensible Aussies/ex-pats spending much of their time indoors to shelter from the skin cancer danger and to enjoy air con.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Funnily enough Mrs P and I had a similar conversation just last night discussing where in the World we still want to go. Australia was way down the list. Think the only reason I would want to go there is for the Boxing Day Ashes Test at the MCG

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Been to Adelaide and Perth, liked them both, diverse cultures but also a little bit of the UK there, well worth a visit.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
:thumbsup: With Canada, amazing places. Varied scenery, with snow capped mountains in parts.

Australia's unbearably hot and humid for much of the year (in the tropics all year), and getting hotter, with sensible Aussies/ex-pats spending much of their time indoors to shelter from the skin cancer danger and to enjoy air con.

I love NZ. Going back in November and can't wait.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
don't do it !---place is full of aussies-foreign types speaking bad English-and the spelling not good either.
Most of the prats don't like us English

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
You forgot to mention shit lager, if Fosters and Castlemine XXXX is the best they can come up with, it's a no from me......:)

Thankfully Fosters and Castlemaine aren't the best they can come up with. Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ales are both lovely.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I know quite a few people who have worked out there for a while and were glad to get back to the UK. Not because Oz was awful, they just got bored of the people and way of life.

I also knew a couple of couples who went out there and have never come back. All tossers though, so maybe that says something?

Like a previous poster said, it's on my bucket list - but it's nowhere near the handle end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here