Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Huddersfield fully deserved over the course of the match

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm hoping that Huddersfield's loss of Stuart Webber (their former head of football operations, who hired Wagner and built their team) to Norwich will hurt their chances for next season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm hoping that Huddersfield's loss of Stuart Webber (their former head of football operations, who hired Wagner and built their team) to Norwich will hurt their chances for next season.

In the cold light of a new day they are in a really tricky position for the new season...

Heavily reliant of loans from Premier League teams, and Premier League rules mean that they could lose them all, will lose 3 of them.
They have 6 weeks less than BHAFC and 4 weeks less then NUFC to build a squad
They have a weaker squad then the other 2 anyway
They have a strict wage structure that will be hard to work around without creating issues with existing players

They will find it very hard to be ready for August, IMHO

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Very happy for them. Good to see that even with the Premier League weighting the system in favour of existing members of the club, 10% of that club will be making their debut next season. Football remains a meritocracy of sorts.

Fair play to Hudds too. On their day they have played some of the best football in the division. Good luck to them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hudds although finishing behind Reading were the 3rd best side in the league this year, they were the only team that kept us and Newcastle on our toes.

Reading only pipped them when they started resting players.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
In the cold light of a new day they are in a really tricky position for the new season...

Heavily reliant of loans from Premier League teams, and Premier League rules mean that they could lose them all, will lose 3 of them.
They have a strict wage structure that will be hard to work around without creating issues with existing players

I have not the slightest doubt that Hudds will be one of the 3 teams relegated next season (and I would not have said that about Fulham or Sheff Wed)...

Fair play to them for going up and congratulations, but........

They were one of the bookies favourites to go down from Champ to Div 1. So to me they have had a season a bit out of the blue (and weren't building momentum towards the top flight as we have been i.e 3 play-offs in 5 years)
They are so reliant on loan players
The fact that they had a negative goal difference does suggest a lot of very close games that they snicked by the odd goal, but also getting well and truly gubbed in some games.....and that does suggest good fortune.

I wanted them to win more than anyone, because for me that is only 2 relegation places we need to avoid now.....it is possible we may go down too (even finishing lower than them) but I just cannot see Hudds staying up.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

One team less to worry about, got relegation fodder written all over them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would have rather played Reading next season to be fair though.
I had thought that, but with their new owners I'd be more worried of Reading splashing the cash this summer. Meanwhile Huddersfield need to completely rebuild and I'm not sure the budget is there for it. And then there's Kermoc*nt. Seeing him celebrate would have been too much to bear.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Add to that, in the last hour its been announced that Tuschel has gone from Dortmund after a long standing dispute with the clubs management. Wagner was being touted as a potential replacement in the last few weeks should Tuschel leave. Given Wagners connections with Dortmund and what he's achieved this season, would be no surprise if they went for him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I had thought that, but with their new owners I'd be more worried of Reading splashing the cash this summer. Meanwhile Huddersfield need to completely rebuild and I'm not sure the budget is there for it. And then there's Kermoc*nt. Seeing him celebrate would have been too much to bear.

I'm sort of still in mind how they ripped us apart but I'm sure there are reasons for that including Izzy Brown being an unknown quantity. I think his first game was against us and we were caught out. We'll just have to see how it pans out next season but they always play with energy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sort of still in mind how they ripped us apart but I'm sure there are reasons for that including Izzy Brown being an unknown quantity. I think his first game was against us and we were caught out. We'll just have to see how it pans out next season but they always play with energy.

To be fair that game was all about mooy. He ripped us a new one and actually I think it helped in a bizzare way, in that it gave a us a kick up the bum and told the fans that we were not invincible. It also pointed out the fragility of our midfield at the time.

The skill of hughton was how we bounced back and refocused!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
To be fair that game was all about mooy. He ripped us a new one and actually I think it helped in a bizzare way, in that it gave a us a kick up the bum and told the fans that we were not invincible. It also pointed out the fragility of our midfield at the time.

The skill of hughton was how we bounced back and refocused!

No Stephens, no Baldock, sucker punch before HT, sending off, minus 900 odd albion fans due to coaches turning around.

They capitalised well but let's not forget the reasons why we got battered that evening, aside from them playing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here