Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd take snodgrass over ince any day of the week if it was a choice. But wouldnnot think we are interested in either.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
As mentioned previously Derby are willing to let Tom Ince go and I would sooner sign him than Snodgrass.
Ince who has never had Prem experience, not saying he couldn't cut it, I don't know, or Snodgrass with Prem experience?

I personally feel we will sign better but if I had a gun to my head and had to make a choice it would be the Snodgrass.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ince who has never had Prem experience, not saying he couldn't cut it, I don't know, or Snodgrass with Prem experience?

I personally feel we will sign better but if I had a gun to my head and had to make a choice it would be the Snodgrass.

Didn't Ince play in the PL with Hull the last time they were there?

Edit - he did, as well as Palace and Blackpool.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like this rumour:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ton-pursue-Arsenal-target-Henry-Onyekuru.html

From the article:

'We helped bring Dimitri Payet to West Ham and firmly believe that Henry is on another planet even to Dimitri.

'We brought Jordan Ayew to Aston Villa and his brother Andre to Swansea, both were sold for big profits but I don't think they could lace this kid's boots, he's that good.'

'Eupen have bids from Anderlecht and Club Brugge while the exhaustive list of clubs to have made other offers includes Arsenal, Red Bull Leipzig, Schalke, Borussia Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Lyon, Lille, Monaco, Nice, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Fiorentina and Roma.'

It's in the bag.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I believe a number of clubs have looked then questioned what they are being "sold" in terms of age/ background etc.
As for Snodgrass: 100 PL games, goal ratio of 1:5, pace & resilience. Not the best option but not a bad option. Ticks a lot of boxes.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm not fond of the idea of paying over the odds for "marquee" signings. Our scouting and acquisition team got us to the Prem by being shrewd in the transfer market and unearthing gems from cheaper sources. Groß could turn out to be another in this mould. Personally I'd like to see us keep that going rather than buying into the Palace approach of blowing £30+ million just because we can.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like this rumour:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ton-pursue-Arsenal-target-Henry-Onyekuru.html

From the article:

'We helped bring Dimitri Payet to West Ham and firmly believe that Henry is on another planet even to Dimitri.

'We brought Jordan Ayew to Aston Villa and his brother Andre to Swansea, both were sold for big profits but I don't think they could lace this kid's boots, he's that good.'

'Eupen have bids from Anderlecht and Club Brugge while the exhaustive list of clubs to have made other offers includes Arsenal, Red Bull Leipzig, Schalke, Borussia Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Lyon, Lille, Monaco, Nice, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Fiorentina and Roma.'

It's in the bag.

Henry Onyekuru looks a better option than either Snodgrass or Ince. I'm sure we can outbid the teams listed!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Snodgrass hasn't been the same since his knee injury when he first joined Hull. Had a good spell early this seaon but been right off form recently. Dislocating and breaking a knee cap will take its toll. Great player when he signed for Norwich. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a blip.

Lots of time for the lad, extremely nice bloke. And what he did for Stirling Albion while on loan will always make him a God in my eyes but his best days are behind him. 5 mill and he'd be worth a punt.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm not fond of the idea of paying over the odds for "marquee" signings. Our scouting and acquisition team got us to the Prem by being shrewd in the transfer market and unearthing gems from cheaper sources. Groß could turn out to be another in this mould. Personally I'd like to see us keep that going rather than buying into the Palace approach of blowing £30+ million just because we can.

This in buckets, with spades thrown in for good measure...

I think Chris Hughton and Tony Bloom will have the scouting team out looking for raw talent from abroad, rather than every Tom (see what I did there), Dick or Harry who becomes available just because they have Premier League experience.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here