Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I know some people rave about him, but i just dont get it, id say we already have 5 wingers who are at least as good as Snodgrass if not better and all 5 have more pace! Just my opinion, but that would be the biggest waste of £8 million we could make.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I know some people rave about him, but i just dont get it, id say we already have 5 wingers who are at least as good as Snodgrass if not better and all 5 have more pace! Just my opinion, but that would be the biggest waste of £8 million we could make.

It's looking like the 2nd striker we recruit will also be the winger recruit. 1 player for both positions.

So, of the rumours, Cafu and Snodgrass fit the bill, both expensive.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, the more I think about this one, the more I agree.

I think we are likely to be a dynamic, fast team on the break, other than set-piece delivery, not sure what else Snodgrass would bring.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It's looking like the 2nd striker we recruit will also be the winger recruit. 1 player for both positions.

But Knockaert can already do this, i know we tried him in this role once and it didn't work but maybe get him more familiar with the role during pre season and it will, he certainly knows where the goal is.

I dont know much about Cafu, from what ive heard he's fast and again scores a few, good player to interchange with Knocky for that 2nd striker role.
I may be being harsh but knowing less about him puts him ahead of Snodgrass, just because i dont rate the latter.

Yes, the more I think about this one, the more I agree.

I think we are likely to be a dynamic, fast team on the break, other than set-piece delivery, not sure what else Snodgrass would bring.

Absolutely, his set pieces are good but so are Skalak's and so are Norwood's, neither of whom at tjis moment are lilely starters in our team just for their ability at dead ball situations, i think Skalak is actually very similar to Snodgrass, so why waste £8 million?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Not sure about that. Izzy Brown is a secondary striker and I believe he is our next signing (hunch). I suspect we'll also get a right winger as Knocky back-up such as you describe which would see Murphy, Lua Lua or Skalak missing out on the squad.

Throw in a central midfield and two full backs and I think we'll be more or less there. 5 signings to go excluding another a keeper.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not sure about that. Izzy Brown is a secondary striker and I believe he is our next signing (hunch). I suspect we'll also get a right winger as Knocky back-up such as you describe which would see Murphy, Lua Lua or Skalak missing out on the squad.

Throw in a central midfield and two full backs and I think we'll be more or less there. 5 signings to go excluding another a keeper.
The attributes of any signing will determine what we need in further signings.

Eg. I reckon Cafu and Ulloa would be a good combination of signings.

I agree that if we sign Izzy Brown then any winger signed won't need to play upfront. So the question at that point becomes Izzy Brown and who?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The attributes of any signing will determine what we need in further signings.

Eg. I reckon Cafu and Ulloa would be a good combination of signings.

I agree that if we sign Izzy Brown then any winger signed won't need to play upfront. So the question at that point becomes Izzy Brown and who?

I think Izzy Brown will be more of a back up for Pascal Gross, an attacking midfielder who will have to support the lone striker.

We do seem to be after another winger. So maybe Cafu, as i said before as competition for Knocky.

If we are intent on playing 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1, i wonder if we will try and get by with the strikers wr have, relying on Murray/Hemed to hold up play for midfielders to come through, both are reasonable in the air to get on the end of crosses. I hope not, but it wouldnt surprise me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Thing that I like about snodgrass is he is proven premier quality , we need some of that . It didn't massively work out for him at West Ham but signing him you pretty much guarantee 6 + goals from midfield . I'm not sure even our strikers will get that many. Agree the pace isn't there with him but he's a clever player who can win matches with a bit of brilliance . I personally think it would be a great signing

Parchie

Jan 9, 2014
I disagree. He's strictly championship at best. This is precisely the type of journeyman I would hope we would not sign

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think Izzy Brown will be more of a back up for Pascal Gross, an attacking midfielder who will have to support the lone striker.

We do seem to be after another winger. So maybe Cafu, as i said before as competition for Knocky.

If we are intent on playing 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1, i wonder if we will try and get by with the strikers wr have, relying on Murray/Hemed to hold up play for midfielders to come through, both are reasonable in the air to get on the end of crosses. I hope not, but it wouldnt surprise me.

If we try and get by on the strikers we have we are in for a long season. Murray is always worth a goal or two but at 34 in September can't be relied on to be fit all season. Hemed is just not good enough and whilst we were so much better last season when Baldock was playing he is not proven at the top level. A quality striker is needed whatever system we play

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If we try and get by on the strikers we have we are in for a long season. Murray is always worth a goal or two but at 34 in September can't be relied on to be fit all season. Hemed is just not good enough and whilst we were so much better last season when Baldock was playing he is not proven at the top level. A quality striker is needed whatever system we play

Spot on, unfortunately.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

This in bucketloads!, we need 2 new strikers - the current crop aren't Prem level

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Please please no. Half a good season in premier and rubbish the rest of the time at West ham. Painfully slow player as well. We need pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here