Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure about that. Izzy Brown is a secondary striker and I believe he is our next signing (hunch). I suspect we'll also get a right winger as Knocky back-up such as you describe which would see Murphy, Lua Lua or Skalak missing out on the squad.
LuaLua is already out of the squad - well, out of our squad anyway.

Throw in a central midfield and two full backs and I think we'll be more or less there. 5 signings to go excluding another a keeper.
Five - or six if you are to be satisfied - more signings? Dream on! Yes, we needed to strengthen the team for this season, not bloody replace it! Striker needed - anything else now would be a bonus.

As regards Snodgrass, he is now available on loan, according to Sky. Wonder if that will make him a more attractive proposition for our excellent recruitment team.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Can't see where he would fit in to a 25 man squad now unless Murphy or Skalak are moved on.

Happily swap him for Skalak but he's got to be behind March, Knockaert, Izzy Brown, Murphy and Iz..Iza...Izghyj..... The New Columbian winger in the pecking order. That 6 players that can play on the wing including Skalak. More than enough. I don’t think we need him, shame as I rate him as a player.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If Izzy is out long term I'd take Snodgrass as a replacement at this stage. But as a stand-alone signing I'd be underwhelmed if he was our signing to be the 4th striker.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd bring Snodgrass to the club if the price was right. Experienced at this level, better than Murphy and Skalak, can play on the wing and in the no.10 position so offers competition for Gross and with March (and wingers in general) being injury prone he would make a good addition IMO.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A loan for SNODDERS would be a bit of a no-brainer for me.

I wouldn't ever really take not of players struggling at West Ham. That place seems to be a black hole of potential talent.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd bring Snodgrass to the club if the price was right. Experienced at this level, better than Murphy and Skalak, can play on the wing and in the no.10 position so offers competition for Gross and with March (and wingers in general) being injury prone he would make a good addition IMO.

A loan for SNODDERS would be a bit of a no-brainer for me.

I wouldn't ever really take not of players struggling at West Ham. That place seems to be a black hole of potential talent.

I agree.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Five - or six if you are to be satisfied - more signings? Dream on! Yes, we needed to strengthen the team for this season, not bloody replace it! Striker needed - anything else now would be a bonus.

Whooaaa! Easy tiger! Check out the date of my post (9th July). We've signed a good few players since then my friend!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeh, you're right - I didn't spot that this thread was recently bumped. Apologies.

No worries [emoji6] - agree with your point on the striker (and maybe one other?)

Going back to Snodgrass - I think March, Knockaert and hopefully Jose are better, I'm not sure where he'd be needed. Maybe another one for Naylor to hit out the park.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No worries [emoji6] - agree with your point on the striker (and maybe one other?)

Going back to Snodgrass - I think March, Knockaert and hopefully Jose are better, I'm not sure where he'd be needed. Maybe another one for Naylor to hit out the park.
Jose had better be better, for all that money! For me, Snodgrass in one respect is a bit like Forestieri - two or three years ago I'd have been delighted to get them in, but now that time has passed by. Snodgrass OK as a loan, maybe, especially if Brown is out for a while (and we can give Snodgrass back at Christmas), but not to buy, thank you very much.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
i like him and would take him just dont think we actually need him currently.

Earlier on in the Transfer Window I thought he would be a CERTAIN signing. However I agree, given recent recruitment I am not so sure now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here