Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Facebook experts or (non-users) out there?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
But what does 'public' mean in the Facebook world? My wife is a member of a private group that she had to be invited to join. If it were a public group then I'm guessing any other FB user could see it regardless - but can non-FB users access it? I think that's the question the OP was asking.

The original idea was to set up a Group that was visible to "everyone", but where only members could post. In the FB world, "everyone" or "public" just means logged-in FB users - so, yes, that's what I was trying to confirm. It will probably now be a group rather than a page.

I understand FB wanting people to sign-up, but a lot of small businesses use it, and it seems like overkill to block non-users trying to view pages. Let them see the page and FB's adverts!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's your answer then." Walking Football Truro" as a Group, then most people would Google to find a local game and Bob's your relative etc.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I had a personal FB page I deleted recently and also have a business FB page. I get notifications on twitter when we make a post on the business page and when I click the link it takes me to the FB sign up page initially. As I no longer have a personal FB login I just bypass this and get to see the post on the business FB page.

So the answer to the original question is yes

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Facebook village.

Billions of people spend a lot of time living their lives on Facebook's social network. Now Facebook wants to try its hand at creating a community in the real world.
The internet giant wants to build housing, retail stores, a hotel and more at its corporate headquarters — in short, Facebook wants to build its own town.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/faceb...-silicon-valley-headquarters-2017-7?r=US&IR=T

Could you imagine an NSC village, where you'd bump into fellow NSCites'
You could actually ignore them or give them a :thumbsup:
For a Palarse troll, you could say morning :tosser:

Or even if any of the MOD police passed you by.......
Well I'll leave that up to you :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here