Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling Jack Straw and all those "In the know"

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Any photos, pictures or plans of the new sky studio to be built in the south east corner?*

* may be early days but this thread had to start at some point.???

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First image just in, with Sky's new French presenter, dedicated to the Albion:

IMG_2134.JPG

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
http://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2017/05/03/brightons-amex-stadium-undergo-5m-renovation-work/

The Amex Stadium (pictured), home of English Championship football club Brighton and Hove Albion, is set to undergo a £5m (€5.9m/$6.5m) renovation project over the summer to prepare for Premier League football.

The club sits at the top of the second-tier Championship, having recently secured promotion into the top flight of English football for the 2017-18 season.

Improvements to the stadium will include the installation of a new LED lighting system, along with a new TV gantry, and a TV studio and hospitality area in the south-east corner.

Additionally, six interview areas will now be provided for UK and global broadcasters, while the post-match press conference area will also be upgraded.

Players and managers will benefit from upgraded lounges for their families and guests, while fans can look forward to a new match-day restaurant in the East Stand.

Brighton’s executive director, Martin Perry, said: “It’s something we’ve been planning for a long time, and the plans have evolved in the past four or five years, as each year the requirements change, but we are thrilled that thanks to Chris [Hughton] (Brighton’s manager) and the players’ achievements we can finally put the plans into action.

“It’s also yet another huge financial outlay, and on behalf of all Albion fans I would like to add my thanks to Tony [Bloom], (club chairman) – without him none of this would have been possible. I’m absolutely delighted for him and his family, as this means so much to them.”

Meanwhile, Premier League club Crystal Palace’s plans to redevelop its home ground, Selhurst Park, are being held up by the local Sainsbury’s supermarket’s high prices to buy the extra land.

The club’s 26,000-capacity stadium could increase to around 32,000 if plans to extend the main stand move forward. Eventually, Crystal Palace will look to increase Selhurst Park to 40,000 seats. Negotiations between the supermarket and the club are ongoing.

A Sainsbury’s spokesman told the Daily Mail newspaper: “We know the club want to expand and have been discussing a number of options with them, so they can further develop their plans.”

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The original tv studio was in the SE corner, so I would think that can be utilised into the plans.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Started this thread to get some info on the new developments as I have always been a bit disappointed with the look of the south east corner, always looked unfinished, so was hoping a new development there would improve the look of that corner of The Amex.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Looks like there is a planning application for some of the external works. Details are on the Council's website. Reference number is: BH2017/01595.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2017/05/03/brightons-amex-stadium-undergo-5m-renovation-work/

The Amex Stadium (pictured), home of English Championship football club Brighton and Hove Albion, is set to undergo a £5m (€5.9m/$6.5m) renovation project over the summer to prepare for Premier League football.

The club sits at the top of the second-tier Championship, having recently secured promotion into the top flight of English football for the 2017-18 season.

Improvements to the stadium will include the installation of a new LED lighting system, along with a new TV gantry, and a TV studio and hospitality area in the south-east corner.

Additionally, six interview areas will now be provided for UK and global broadcasters, while the post-match press conference area will also be upgraded.

Players and managers will benefit from upgraded lounges for their families and guests, while fans can look forward to a new match-day restaurant in the East Stand.

Brighton’s executive director, Martin Perry, said: “It’s something we’ve been planning for a long time, and the plans have evolved in the past four or five years, as each year the requirements change, but we are thrilled that thanks to Chris [Hughton] (Brighton’s manager) and the players’ achievements we can finally put the plans into action.

“It’s also yet another huge financial outlay, and on behalf of all Albion fans I would like to add my thanks to Tony [Bloom], (club chairman) – without him none of this would have been possible. I’m absolutely delighted for him and his family, as this means so much to them.”

Meanwhile, Premier League club Crystal Palace’s plans to redevelop its home ground, Selhurst Park, are being held up by the local Sainsbury’s supermarket’s high prices to buy the extra land.

The club’s 26,000-capacity stadium could increase to around 32,000 if plans to extend the main stand move forward. Eventually, Crystal Palace will look to increase Selhurst Park to 40,000 seats. Negotiations between the supermarket and the club are ongoing.

A Sainsbury’s spokesman told the Daily Mail newspaper: “We know the club want to expand and have been discussing a number of options with them, so they can further develop their plans.”

20170528_172800.jpg :cool:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here