View Poll Results: What will be our gross spending on transfers come September?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10M or less

2 1.67%
  • 10-20M

29 24.17%
  • 20-30M

50 41.67%
  • 30-40M

23 19.17%
  • 40-50M

12 10.00%
  • 50-60M

1 0.83%
  • 60M+

3 2.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    20-30M I expect...
    SockMonster Quote: I agree with BW I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B.W. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      20-30M I expect...
      I reckoned around 40-50 million, but it's all ridiculous sums of money in the end...in fairness we have already spent 3 million and no one raised an eyebrow, where as only a year ago Duffy signing of 4 million was our new record!

Just waiting for us to spend 10-15 on a player and then it will certainly be the start of a very new era... I simply cannot believe that this will not happen now as we are finally in the PL and its key to be competitive...

0 Not allowed!
      I was told that Tony Bloom is hell bent on staying in the PL and is willing to spend his money to achieve this. He doesn't want to go down next year or be a yo-yo club. The PL is where he wants BHA to stay. So if that means spending big he will do just that. How much is anybody's guess.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      It's not really a transfer budget though. There's a combined pot for signings plus wages.

Dale Stephens renewing his contract has saved at least 10million, David Stockdale signing would save at least 5m etc
      Which last season was 27m and includes player amortisation right, so a 10m purchase, plus wages of say 6m over the life of a 4 year contract would be deducted @ 4m per season from this amount?
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bigtomfu View Post
      Which last season was 27m and includes player amortisation right, so a 10m purchase, plus wages of say 6m over the life of a 4 year contract would be deducted @ 4m per season from this amount?
      Yes that's right. No idea how the Albion produce their budget. It could be wages + amortisation - gain on player disposals or it could be wages + net transfer spend.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by origigull View Post
      I was told that Tony Bloom is hell bent on staying in the PL and is willing to spend his money to achieve this. He doesn't want to go down next year or be a yo-yo club. The PL is where he wants BHA to stay. So if that means spending big he will do just that. How much is anybody's guess.
      I think that's right.

Statements were made in April playing down transfers in expectations. Good PR, making later acquisitions all positive news.

Like any sensible club (not Man City or Chelsea), they will look for value from overseas based players. But I would assume that the club would spend big for say a 'match winner'.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      I think that's right.

Statements were made in April playing down transfers in expectations. Good PR, making later acquisitions all positive news.

Like any sensible club (not Man City or Chelsea), they will look for value from overseas based players. But I would assume that the club would spend big for say a 'match winner'.
      That's the way I understood it as well. How much is big money for a match winner? 10m? I put 10-20m in the poll, I still can't see us spending more than that total.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      An average of 24.8m was spent on new players by the 10 teams who avoided relegation in their first season.

That’s only marginally more than the 24.7m spent by those that went straight back down.

It would seem then that it’s more a case of spending wisely than just splashing the cash.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-teams-8311182

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      The other question is how much will TB recoup? Estimate is we earn 170m but that is, I believe, just tv rights. There will be more from enhanced advertising revenue, probably shirt sponsor bonus etc etc

TB could probably recoup 50m a year and we'd still have a very healthy budget for the squad!
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Bounced.

after Huddersfield went on a spending spree*. I voted for what we ought to do, not for what I expected us to do.

(* of all the signings Huddersfield made, the only one I think we have missed is Danny Williams and he cost them nought.)

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe