Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anber Rudd, Hastings and Rye.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She seems to have disappeared from our T/V screens ?

She's having to canvass very hard in her constituency now and she would have been busy yesterday with events in London too.

Labour may have been in Hastings town centre Saturday, but Ms Rudd was meeting her voters in Westfield and Broad Oak, by the looks of it.

[tweet]870980867103096832[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I drove along the A259 yesterday. She seems to be popular with farmers.

Is there a Tory that isn't popular with farmers? (Putting aside Edwina for a minute of course).

I suppose it's because all farmers are so desperately poor and downtrodden :shrug: Yes, yes, that'll be it I'm sure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The battle for Hastings & Rye will certainly be one of the big stories on election night. Nothing like a note to the vicar to stop someone speaking at the hustings when things get uncomfortable:

https://youtu.be/TEcMW6RmC_w

I'm not quite sure whether Mr. Ethical (Nicholas Wilson) is a bit of a crank or the real deal. Either way though, he surely deserves to be heard rather than gagged.

I'd love to know what she wrote on that bit of paper.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
On Hastings seafront earlier, at the bus stop opposite the pier we spotted this. After looking at it for 2 seconds, we then proceeded to ***s ourselves laughing for the next 28 before I managed composed myself to take a picture of it. It's outrageous and disgusting what these Tory Toffs do. I'm glad this has been highlighted to bus users in Hastings.

View attachment 86019

What does this say about your level of maturity, do you think?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Is there a Tory that isn't popular with farmers? (Putting aside Edwina for a minute of course).

I suppose it's because all farmers are so desperately poor and downtrodden :shrug: Yes, yes, that'll be it I'm sure.

All the farmers I know are Tories. They're a bit worried about their EU subsidies now - strange, given how all of them voted to leave the EU, but I think it was a sovereignty issue for them, so they must have been willing to take the risk on possible financial losses, I guess?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Plenty of farms down here as you would expect, all with huge Conservative signs in the fields.
Farmers will tell you they are poor and downtrodden, moan about this moan about that, voted Brexit yet now worried about subsidies. Crackpots the lot of them, Alan Partridge was bang on when he ranted at them, and Farmer Palmer is close to reality as well.
And they all smell of cow shit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone in the know about which way it's going? Recount I've heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here