Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BA global IT system failure

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
All flights out of Gatwick and Heathrow before 6pm cancelled. People stuck in planes on Tarmacs around Europe for over 4 hours.

Any ideas BG.?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
windows-xp_BG_with_logo-56a1ada43df78cf7726cfca7.jpg

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Now all BA flights cancelled for the rest of the day from LHR and LGW. Some people have had to queue for 3 hours just to leave the airport.! Nightmare.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Blimey! I left my night shift at TN5 around eight this morning. Picked a good day to be off nights.

Back in at six tomorrow morning though. Think it's going to be a tough day for all concerned. Air travel is all well and good. It's great being able to get to the other side of the planet in a day but when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. Got to feel sorry for the poor folk who find themselves stranded.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could be fun tomorrow assuming fixed as 2 days of passengers looking to get onto 1 days planes. Wonder who has priority tomorrow passengers or todays stranded passengers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And that's on top of the massive LGW outward hold luggage failure yesterday. How on earth did we ever get to be so crap at the basics FFS?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Could be fun tomorrow assuming fixed as 2 days of passengers looking to get onto 1 days planes. Wonder who has priority tomorrow passengers or todays stranded passengers

Today's flights are cancelled, so people will have to reschedule in the future or get a refund (plus compo of course). You can't just turn up tomorrow and expect to get on the next flight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The most arrogant airline on the planet. Treat their agents like they're lucky to be allowed to book with them and only yesterday announced, from November, an £8 per sector charge for bookings not made on their new system which is supposed to be far more efficient than the GDS that agents have used until now.

Today brings a wry smile to my face, not for the passengers affected obviously but for an airline that spends so much effort cost cutting that when things fall apart it goes spectacularly wrong.. Try getting hold of BA on the phone tonight, I imagine you'll have a three hour wait.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I was on one of the last flights out of LGW today, an hour on tarmac but made it and the luggage turned up too.
The luggage belts had failed again today out of south terminal. All being carried by hand. Shambles, but better than a lot of other passengers. I've got a return on Monday which I'm concerned about.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The most arrogant airline on the planet. Treat their agents like they're lucky to be allowed to book with them and only yesterday announced, from November, an £8 per sector charge for bookings not made on their new system which is supposed to be far more efficient than the GDS that agents have used until now.

Today brings a wry smile to my face, not for the passengers affected obviously but for an airline that spends so much effort cost cutting that when things fall apart it goes spectacularly wrong.. Try getting hold of BA on the phone tonight, I imagine you'll have a three hour wait.

This is so true, a really obnoxious airline, they make you feel that you a privileged to fly with them, no longer 'The worlds favourite airline' many have left them standing.
The first BA A380 made me laugh, it took them ages to get one, long after many other airlines had loads of them, yet they made such a song and dance about it.
Still better than American or United but there is nothing special about BA.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here