Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Cops or team Kids?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's the alternative?
Don't fight with the police and walk away if you can, but carrying on with your day instead of going home.

I had a totally different attitude when I was younger, by why take a risk like that when you have an easy option.
I've never been in trouble with the police, but I've ignored the odd silly instruction from them (particularly around football grounds).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After a second look, I'm wondering if this was staged. Anyone know for definite if this actually happened, with real cops, when and where?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Police all the way.
Too many kids growing up with an attitude of " I'll do what I like and you can't touch me".
They have no respect for teachers, no respect for the Police, no respect for any form of authority.
I think much of the blame lies with the parents, the kids aren't disciplined at home so they don't understand why people find their loutish behaviour unacceptable.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I prefer calm, measured and considered resolution. I find it incredulous an adult can get so rattled by a bunch of kids.

Trust me, I have three and it's very easy! Let's be frank the kids you talk if are more than capable of seriously hurting someone, and in all honesty wouldn't understand calm rational negotiations , my 17 yo showed me that vt and sided with the Bizzies!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm team neither but I do worry how poorly those officers acted under pressure. A police officer carried out the first of many assaults perpetrated by both sides. Looks like how Met Police treat football supporters.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For me personally, wherever I am in the world.
Policeman/woman tells me to do something, I will do it. ...unless he's unzipping his flies during said command.

I don't and wont. The police have to give a lawful request - I've seen plenty of requests from officers that they had no right to give.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
As said before one copper escalated the situation badly but I have little sympathy for the kids either. Amazed but the blond girl that ended up getting nicked tried to kick a police officer in the head while he was grappling with one of the lads on the floor. She needs taking to court for that one.

That takedown was tremendous too. Team police

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You don't rugby tackle kids for any reason

Unless, of course, they have just assaulted someone and are trying to get away.

Don't think the, "excuse me sir, would you mind coming over here for a quick chat?" approach would work in this situation.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I find this video and the kind of internet storm it can kick up worrying. The whole thing is out of context because we don't know what happened before the video started. Along with some information about what happened before the video started it could be a useful piece of evidence.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The copper that took out the mouthy kid with the rucksack looked good.
I would like to see that in some highlights in slow motion

It's very well filmed. Normally those things are all over the place.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
After a second look, I'm wondering if this was staged. Anyone know for definite if this actually happened, with real cops, when and where?

Good point. Whoever's behind the camera manages to have no interaction with anyone there despite being very close to events. Not one policeman asks them to stop filming, to leave etc.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unfortunately kids know in most cases they can't be touched. See it alot in schools, kids swearing and being gobby in teachers faces. Some do need a good kicking

sooo much of THIS.......!! the self righteous attitude of teenagers today just leaves me aghast, agape and incredulous......no doubt the little darlings all demanded that their parents attend the local police station and demand that the coppers involved be sacked , locked up or burned at the stake.......ffs...:facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good point. Whoever's behind the camera manages to have no interaction with anyone there despite being very close to events. Not one policeman asks them to stop filming, to leave etc.

I dunno. The way the coppers are talking is very real. It's very well filmed though with all the major takedowns getting good coverage.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
An official police investigation is under way into how officers handing a number of arrests in a Taunton park.

Officers from Avon and Somerset Constabulary were called out to Victoria Park yesterday afternoon (May 26) following reports that a woman had been assaulted.

Upon their arrival, a "large group" of young people spoke with the officers and, according to the police, "refused to co-operate".

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/police-launch-investigation-officers-conduct-78759

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here