Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Cops or team Kids?

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Team police all day long. Having watched the video the "kids" were told to disperse/ go away they didn't they became abusive and aggressive towards the police you can clearly see multiple incidents of assault on police so the little brats got what they deserved.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Although it is impossible to say for sure when we don't know what leads up to this, the police appear to have gone in way too heavy handed.

A bit of intelligence and patience from the police and there would be no extra arrests. You used to see it at football grounds up and down the country every week, less so now thankfully.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Well that's not right. They're supposed to uphold the law, not dictate it, so it depends what they're telling you to do.

For me personally, wherever I am in the world.
Policeman/woman tells me to do something, I will do it. ...unless he's unzipping his flies during said command.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dunno, which one is on the side of that damn cyclist riding through the park instead of using the roads/cycle path that I'm sure must have been nearby?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I agree. The first two cops had control, the third cop did over react.
The third PC came running in without knowing the situation and started pushing and shoving which in my book is an assault. He completely lost control and the control was lost and the police had to avert to violence to control the situation. Having a verbal argument with police is not a crime in a public place as long as it does not turn into a Public Order Offence. All the kids had to do was film the situation and not get too carried away then go to a solicitor.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Can't even believe there is any question about this?
Pretty much sums up what is inherently wrong with this country that people now think it's their right (especially kids) to refuse to cooperate or comply with the Police and think they can abuse and threaten officers with no recourse and then the second the officers deal with these shitbags robustly....and quite rightly in this case....all of a sudden they are innocent victims who did absolutely nothing to deserve that action from the nasty Police.
Bunch of mouthy little shits and would have loved to have seen them get a proper slap!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Team Police all day long but.........
Points to the scrote who kicks/throws the football at 1.07 and hits the copper square in the nuts.

Inappropriate/ridiculous Luzzing like that should always be rewarded.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Crap policing, and some stupid kids. Palace vs Portsmouth, I'm supporting neither team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For me personally, wherever I am in the world.
Policeman/woman tells me to do something, I will do it
That's ridiculous. So if a few mates are being a bit twattish in the park, and a policeman tells you to go home (like in this video), you're actually going to go home, regardless of how far it is, rather than carry on with your day peacefully, as planned.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Team Police .

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That's ridiculous. So if a few mates are being a bit twattish in the park, and a policeman tells you to go home (like in this video), you're actually going to go home, regardless of how far it is, rather than carry on with your day peacefully, as planned.

What's the alternative?

I had a totally different attitude when I was younger, by why take a risk like that when you have an easy option.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Think the situation escalated when it shouldn't have, as much as the kids are gobby little shites, the police officer who goes around shoving them and telling them to back off probably caused all the chaos. Think it was unprofessional of the police but also arrogance from the kids to assume they can just hit an officer without getting arrested. The first officer did try however. Perhaps if both listened to each other instead of yelling less people would've left the park in the back of a police car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here