Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Cops or team Kids?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Maybe a old person was abused, maybe they bullied little kids at a playground, maybe there are drugs being dealt, maybe maybe maybe.... but ask yourself how many times you see the old bill just go into a park for no reason during the day and tell a load of kids to go home. They were not just innocently walking through the park I am sure. They failed to obey multiple police instructions. You donr know how long it had gone on, clearly long enough for back up arrive and a kid to decided to film it as it was getting tastey. Police have to deal with so much sh it every day not surprised they got pissed off at having their time wasted. Team police

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Exactly how they reacted here perhaps, ie. arrests? Isn't that the point? :shrug:
Quite right. If they had let those kids get away with it this time, they would do it again and again. It's the thin end of the wedge, that liberal do-gooders just don't understand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly how they reacted here perhaps, ie. arrests? Isn't that the point? :shrug:

I prefer calm, measured and considered resolution. I find it incredulous an adult can get so rattled by a bunch of kids.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I prefer calm, measured and considered resolution. I find it incredulous an adult can get so rattled by a bunch of kids.

I think the key here is,had he actually talked to the kids in a calm manner and got at their level instead of friday night west street level so to speak,they may have left the area,that said i don't know what went before and police have far more pressing issues to deal with so cannot pander to kids in a park all day long..

In short team Police,just....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

The video doesn't show the start, maybe their first response was calm & measured. If they managed to assess the situation and call for back up it probably was several minutes.

If they are prepared to respond to police officers in that way then they must feel untouchable. Imagine they had just been smoking weed but ask by a mother of young children to stop. How can people be so obnoxious and anti social.

Team Police

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
There is a comment on FB of a lady who witness this out side her front door and said the police statement of what really happened is false. She as asked them to contact her for a proper statement. I think the police acted in the wrong way and escalated it more. Now I'm not saying the kids were right but they are just that, kids. Police should of reacted differently. You don't rugby tackle kids for any reason or start pushing them about. Police got it wrong.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The police certainly got it wrong.........they should have tasered the little f$@*$rs!!!!! Team Police

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Always funny to see a few cocky kids get taken down, but the copper who ran in and started the pushing needs to get some help. Serious aggression problem and escalated the whole situation

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There is a comment on FB of a lady who witness this out side her front door and said the police statement of what really happened is false. She as asked them to contact her for a proper statement. I think the police acted in the wrong way and escalated it more. Now I'm not saying the kids were right but they are just that, kids. Police should of reacted differently. You don't rugby tackle kids for any reason or start pushing them about. Police got it wrong.

Clearly inebriated, the one who got rugby tackled assaulted an officer and the young girl being detained kicked an officer. None of them had an ounce of respect. I really don't get the attempts to justify this because they are 'kids'.

Pretty sure by the time I was 14, kicking a police officer would be high up on the list of absolutely head mental things to do.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Clearly inebriated, the one who got rugby tackled assaulted an officer and the young girl being detained kicked an officer. None of them had an ounce of respect. I really don't get the attempts to justify this because they are 'kids'.

Pretty sure by the time I was 14, kicking a police officer would be high up on the list of absolutely head mental things to do.
So you don't think the police could of handled the situation better? To me it looks like the police escalated it more which the kids reacted too.. Yes the kids should of moved when asked but still don't warrant the force used.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Erm. Can't say I give either side much credit to be honest.
Obviously someone has been arrested for a prior incident and police are there for a reason. Kids pack up sod off for 30 minutes and come back when police are gone and learn to use your brain. More than one way to win a war
To be fair to the 1st copper it's likely he has enough control and appears to be calm enough to diffuse the situation.
Copper at 28 seconds onwards. Clearly had a bad day or has some issues of sorts and he has no real excuse or reason to push a kid around, certainly in that clip he seems to escalate the incident that follows and I'd say he is responsible for the rest of it as he creates the free for all.
Did enjoy the take down of the green bag kid. Not sure where that is in police take down manoeuvres manual or whether it is home office approved but was enough to make me laugh.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Kids being kids? Is that why they have young offenders institutes and such like-also i suppose kids have never done anything wrong,ever,even kidnap other kids etc....in the main kids are just being kids but the minority of the feckless and feral long term useless of our society continues to grow...and it includes SOME kids too.

North Korea continues to grow its ambitions too,that's another story though and within 5 years all this will seem kids play in comparison.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you don't think the police could of handled the situation better? To me it looks like the police escalated it more which the kids reacted too.. Yes the kids should of moved when asked but still don't warrant the force used.

The officer at c30 seconds is overly aggressive yes but the kids were getting increasingly feisty towards the calm officer at the start. They clearly weren't going anywhere until it got physical, so i'm not sure how anybody in defense of the kids would suggest the OB could have diffused the situation any better after they had already asked them to move about 6-7 times in the video alone. Unless of course you think our police force don't have anything better to do and could spend all day with a bunch of antsy teenagers.

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Do you think the police needed to use the force they did? I think there is wrong on both sides mainly the kids for not listening to simple instructions from authority but there is absolutely no need to use as much force as they did.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here