Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP David Bobin

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
RIP David Bobin. Presenter on Southern, TVS & Meridian before heading off to work for Sky. Most noted for his catchphrase 'unlucky Saints'.

David Bobin, the former Sky Sports News presenter, has died at the age of 71.

Bobin joined Sky Sports in 1993 and worked on a wide range of programming including La Liga football, Goals on Sunday and Sports Centre.

He also fronted Sky Sports' coverage of Rugby Union and European Tour golf before becoming a regular presenter on Sky Sports News following the channel's launch in 1998.

Barney Francis, Sky Sports managing director, said: "Today (Friday) we learned the sad news that our former colleague David Bobin passed away on Wednesday.

"David had been part of our family for many years presenting our coverage of a wide number of sports. David was a strong on screen presence with a vast sports knowledge.

"He was a lovely man, genuine and kind. Our thoughts are with his wife and family."

Bobin started his career as a newspaper journalist in Oxford in the 1960s before moving into television with Southern TV in 1975.

He went on to appear on ITV on Television South and Meridian Broadcasting before serving as an anchor on ITV's news programme, Coast to Coast.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP David, another voice from my past sadly gone.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember him & dodgy Fred being the the footy presenting double act on Southern in the late 70's/early 80's. RIP.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP. I only mentioned him earlier today whilst visiting Nigel ' Bushfire ' Erskine and have only just seen this news . We were remembering his rather embarrassing ' Exercises with Doreen ' segment of Coast to Coast on Meridian . He also presented coverage of BHA v Millwall playoff semi final .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Remember him well from programs like Coast to Coast as a kid, I'd only pay attention to news programs when sport reports came on. RIP

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to religeously video the Monday Coast to Coast sports report, to catch the goals roundup. I must have years worth of David Bobin on those tapes, doing the roundups on the Albion, Pompey, Saints, Muff.

What a sad and unexpected loss. He looked in pretty good nick last time I saw him knocking about on Sky, really surprised to hear of his passing.

RIP DB.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He was the man we were allegedly getting our Scummers v Spurs updates from on the gantry when we beat Blackpool 2-1 in 1978. Everyone was saying someone had taken the lead and we were all looking up to the commentary box for guidance. A loud cheer came up, Nobby asked us at a corner what the score was, we said [fill in here] had scored at the Dell. I don't think Mr B was to blame in the end however. Nice bloke, good local sports reporter, can't say sadly missed because it's been years but may he go to his God knowing he served his time on the planet well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here