Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
One hour episode is never enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's brilliant. It had a little lull in season 5, but otherwise it's been up there with the best TV shows of the last decade.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it worth sticking with it?
If you don't like seeing violence or nudity, then no, definitely not.

If they don't bother you, then yes. It's my favourite tv series ever. I didn't start watching it until the 5th series was out, as the trailors didn't appeal to me, it looked like some dungeons and dragons type crap and didn't appeal, but the story is great, and the story can continue so it doesn't peter out after the first series, like so many other great shows.

Never watched it.

Is it anything like this?

2017-Website-Top.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As others have said, if you can get through season 1 you should be hooked. Some of the fight scenes in recent seasons have been totally stunning, and I'm not a fight scenes kinda guy at all.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's brilliant. It had a little lull in season 5, but otherwise it's been up there with the best TV shows of the last decade.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I hate anything with elves and goblins but I absolutely love this. If you think that you have seen every possible story line be prepared to be surprised and shocked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it's good to see you haven't changed your opinion in an hour and 20 minutes.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
GoT virgin here, I don't do much TV, due to other commitments.
My last 'binge' series was Breaking Bad and I loved it.
I am currently about 4 episodes away from catching up with Better Call Saul, but haven't had time to watch it for the last 3 weeks or so.
When I catch up I will gives this ago, I am a big fan of LOTR so who knows.
I like to see female nudity as I'm a bloke, but when it is overdosed just to get viewing figures it can get tiresome, especially at the expense of any storyline.
A my current rate I will probably give it a look sometime in August.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
One of the best shows and currently rewatching it as the Mrs wanted to give it a try having given up previously after a few episodes of season 1........ she's totally obsessed now.

I have to keep encouraging her not to read every last detail about everyone and everything on wiki through season 2 (to avoid spoilers) and currently deep into season 3 she has had a couple of genuine jump moments that are excellent for me vicariously (since I'd read the books before watching the shows when they came out and thus didn't get those to the same degree). Some moments and surprises are genuinely like Xmas and amazeballs to see someone you love react that way if you know when to watch their face closer than normal. She said she struggled to know some of the family connections etc. first time around but after understanding and being able to briefly pause it and ask me she now 'gets it'. Not sure if that will be annoying in season 7 since as each season has progressed the questions have decreased although now replaced by pausing it for enthusiasic, oh my god that's so awesome comments.

Plus some of the sex and nudity (which generally doesn't seem out of place to us) does seem to have futher fed into her enjoying being grabbed at random times and thrown about, but I get how a couple episodes if you're less open to that sort of thing could shock. I think difficult situations and events are very well dealt with by certain characters and completely overblown by others so a key theme is viewpoint. As is characters doing good things for selfish reasons or shit things for 'good' reasons even if you know they're being stupid you can appreciate their motivation.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
HastingsSeagull Plus some of the sex and nudity (which generally doesn't seem out of place to us) does seem to have futher fed into her enjoying being grabbed at random times and thrown about.[/QUOTE said:
Oooh errr, Mrs Oz and I will start watching tonight then !

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Having seen this on the sky box sets thing, I thought I would give it a go.

Has anyone else watched the whole of the series?

I take it , it's a bit like someone read Lord of the Rings and thought they would add horrible violence and lots of nudity and fornication to it! I have only watched the first episode and already there is lots of boobies, bottoms, heads being chopped off, slashing throats, blood everwhere and some fruity language.

Not sure if it Mrs gaffer's thing really!

Are you convinced yet?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
GoT virgin here, I don't do much TV, due to other commitments.
My last 'binge' series was Breaking Bad and I loved it.
I am currently about 4 episodes away from catching up with Better Call Saul, but haven't had time to watch it for the last 3 weeks or so.
When I catch up I will gives this ago, I am a big fan of LOTR so who knows.
I like to see female nudity as I'm a bloke, but when it is overdosed just to get viewing figures it can get tiresome, especially at the expense of any storyline.
A my current rate I will probably give it a look sometime in August.

In fairness, most of the female nudity is derived from the books. So it's to get reading figures if anything...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having seen this on the sky box sets thing, I thought I would give it a go.

Has anyone else watched the whole of the series?

I take it , it's a bit like someone read Lord of the Rings and thought they would add horrible violence and lots of nudity and fornication to it! I have only watched the first episode and already there is lots of boobies, bottoms, heads being chopped off, slashing throats, blood everwhere and some fruity language.

Not sure if it Mrs gaffer's thing really!

Just watch it Gaffer. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here