Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What a foul attitude. But one we have come to expect from you.
Why does context have any bearing whatsoever on a person's right to go about their lawful business without fear of threat or violence?
Crimes are dealt with on a case by case basis and rightly so. It will be a sad day when my Muslim friends are harassed or attacked and a police officer simply says "I shan't deal with this today I'm afraid, a terrorist incident that had absolutely nothing to do with you has put someone following you with an iron bar and shouting racist abuse at you into context and I don't care about you anymore "

You're a bloody idiot.

Islam is a shit stain of an ideology. People are extremely frustrated with this ideology at present.

They feel powerless against the evil it creates world wide. To think everyone is going to take this shit on the chin and not act out emotionally against those who practice this ideology is a simpletons view of the world.

The true bloody idiots are the ones who sit there defending this ideology thinking if we're really accepting of Islam this will all go away.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Struggling to see much of a connection there. I think there are arguments on both sides. Had purely military targets been used, it would be less of an issue. Japan had already been defeated.

I have always erred on the side of the school of thought that the two atomic bombs were basically saying "we've already won the war but just in case anyone was thinking of trying that again, have a look at this..."

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Islam is a shit stain of an ideology. People are extremely frustrated with this ideology at present.

They feel powerless against the evil it creates world wide. To think everyone is going to take this shit on the chin and not act out emotionally against those who practice this ideology is a simpletons view of the world.

The true bloody idiots are the ones who sit there defending this ideology thinking if we're really accepting of Islam this will all go away.

You have done nothing to dispel the notion of you being a bloody idiot.
I was in Subway this morning (I'm not proud but I was starving). The lady behind the counter was a young Muslim who was telling me about her fasting and how this is the hardest time to work in a food outlet. We were having a chuckle and a chat. Does that mean I approve of people blowing up 8 year olds at pop concerts? Of course it doesn't.
To extrapolate further, had I blanked her, pausing only momentarily to call her a terrorist and punch her in the face I would not expect "but people died in Manchester on Monday" to be respected as a defence of my actions.

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I have always erred on the side of the school of thought that the two atomic bombs were basically saying "we've already won the war but just in case anyone was thinking of trying that again, have a look at this..."
Indeed..as much intended for Russian consumption as anyone elses.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Except if you grow up in a country where you feel hated then you are an easier target for being brainwashed into becoming the next suicide bomber and the cycle continues.

Most normal people turn away from an ideology/organisation when it's associated with negative actions.

Catholic paedophile scandals lead to the number of practising Catholics and people identifying as Catholics dropping sgnifigantly.

Muslims involved in more terrorism than any other ideology world wide and its still the worlds fastest growing religion.

Says a lot about the people who practice it.

Will be interesting to track the leave rate of Islam around the world, doubt it will be very high.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

I think we can see who the simpletons are for ourselves, thanks.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Most normal people turn away from an ideology/organisation when it's associated with negative actions.

Catholic paedophile scandals lead to the number of practising Catholics and people identifying as Catholics dropping sgnifigantly.

Muslims involved in more terrorism than any other ideology world wide and its still the worlds fastest growing religion.

Will be interesting to track the leave rate of Islam around the world, doubt it will be very high.

Wow. We have quite fundamentally different views. I feel we could go on discussing this all day but neither of us are going to change our point of view so I'm going to leave it here.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Struggling to see much of a connection there. I think there are arguments on both sides. Had purely military targets been used, it would be less of an issue. Japan had already been defeated.

Yes Japan was defeated in terms of it couldn't possibly win the war but it was also refusing to surrender, uninvaded and belligerent.

I would have a look at the battles for Iwo Jima and Okinawa to see just how desperately they would have defended against an invasion and how many casualties it would have caused on both sides (the majority would have been Japanese of course, many of them civilians).

Truman and Churchill both thought these bombs would end the war and I'm not second guessing them.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

What do you mean by that? Muslims are not "normal people"?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Yes Japan was defeated in terms of it couldn't possibly win the war but it was also refusing to surrender, uninvaded and belligerent.

I would have a look at the battles for Iwo Jima and Okinawa to see just how desperately they would have defended against an invasion and how many casualties it would have caused on both sides (the majority would have been Japanese of course, many of them civilians).

Truman and Churchill both thought these bombs would end the war and I'm not second guessing them.
Japan actually made peace overtures. It was Roosevelt's, and subsequently Truman's, insistence on unconditional surrender that was the obstacle. As I understand it.

Totally off topic, anyway.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What do you mean by that? Muslims are not "normal people"?

If your prophet is a warlord that was responsible for a great many atrocities and was in general a rather shit human being then yes i'd have to say anyone who follows what someone like that said as not being normal.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
If your prophet is a warlord that was responsible for a great many atrocities and was in general a rather shit human being then yes i'd have to say anyone who follows what someone like that said as not being normal.
On grounds like that, you could say anyone who follows any religion is not normal. That means most of humanity is not "normal".. which must render the concept of normality meaningless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's not a religion that I'm comfortable with, nor do I think it fits very well into a liberal western society but I don't think it makes them all terrorists.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
On grounds like that, you could say anyone who follows any religion is not normal. That means most of humanity is not "normal".. which must render the concept of normality meaningless.

Was Buddha a violent warlord? What about that Jesus figure?

They seem in every way very different characters to Muhammad the warlord in their background stories and attitudes.

People love to throw out the Nazi term when anyone calls out Islam yet the irony is good ole Muhammad was a Fuhrer to the core of his existence.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not a religion that I'm comfortable with, nor do I think it fits very well into a liberal western society but I don't think it makes them all terrorists.

So call out the ideology then. I don't think the vast majority of Muslims are terrorists either. Fact is if the billion + Muslims were Buddhists the world wouldn't be in the position it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here