Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Please could someone explain the "Schofield" reference in her tweet?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really haven't a clue what she did wrong. She clearly didn't intend to reference the Holocaust. End of discussion really.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
She called for a 'Final Solution'. The Nazi's Final Solution was to persecute and exterminate all Jews. I read it that she wants us to do something similar with Muslims. If you can't see the parallels in her statement then something is seriously wrong.

The ' Final Solution ' of the Nazi's principally targetted European Jewry, not all Jews. They knew that Jews ( of which there were many ) in the USA were untouchable. It was not a final solution as such, as that would have involved the eradication of the entire world population of Jews. Their aim was to create a superstate, a giant land mass from the shores of France to the Eastern edge of Russia and eradicate all Jewry in that continent.
Their ' Final Solution ' also included gypsies, homosexuals, the handicapped and the disabled, those with learning difficulties and many that simply didn't fit the ideal ' Aryan ' profile. They also persecuted those that didn't agree with their ideas and that included some of the great intellects of that time but again, only within their targetted empire.
Stalin killed three times as many of his own people as those persecuted by the Nazi's but we don't hear people referring to a ' Stalin like purge ' or indeed to dictators and rulers who have killed many millions in acts of genocide. It is the use of this particular phrase that immediately makes people jump to the conclusion that it is a direct reference to Nazi atrocities.
The ' Final Solution ' of the Nazi's could never be finite. It was unattainable. It was a dream, an ideology. It was nimbyism. Hitler blamed the Jews for issues within his own continent. He wasn't bothered about them elsewhere.
Muslim extremism demands a final global solution and they are fanatically committed to achieving it. That is the main difference between their vision and that of the Nazi's. The Nazi's never had a final solution but their extravagant use of the phrase has seeped into general parlance.
If Katie Hopkins had said we need to purge the world of Isis and use whatever means in our power to do so, she would have received widespread support. She unwisely chose to use wording that sits uncomfortably with too many people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really haven't a clue what she did wrong. She clearly didn't intend to reference the Holocaust. End of discussion really.

As a one off possibly. But she has a history of not intending to use loaded terms. For the record I'm not offended....I just find her pathetic attempts at controversy tedious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't either.

And I find people who "haven't a clue what she did wrong" tedious as well. Even if you disagree they were offensive you surely must have an inkling as to why they might be deemed offensive by some?

D

Deleted member 22389

And I find people who "haven't a clue what she did wrong" tedious as well. Even if you disagree they were offensive you surely must have an inkling as to why they might be deemed offensive by some?

Nope, I honestly didn't get this one I'm afraid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a fan of the woman but also not a fan of this new puritanism where people with un-liberal views are hounded out of their jobs and newspapers are boycotted on campuses and in cities. Saying that, that "final solution" comment was clearly not a badly worded mistake. It was cold and calculating and she knew exactly what she was doing. Of course she should be allowed to say that because we live in a free society but likewise she's responsible for the consequences too.

I dislike her intensely, not for her extremist views, there's lots of people who think the same, but the way she whips up controversy. It's completely contrived, designed to get people talking about her. All that anger directed at someone paid to say extreme things should be directed solely at the b@st@rds who are murdering men, women and children.

That is an elegant post, with delicate nuance. :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Its a rather obscure reference, i think, to this moment after the Westminster attack where Pip Schofield walked over Westminster Bridge "in tribute and defiance". ie: for KT - a perfect example of something she often rails against - celebrity "virtue signalling".
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...in-defiance-after-terror-attack-a3498361.html

Right, thanks. I don't follow celebs, so missed that, but it seems odd for that to be foremost in her mind at that moment.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The ' Final Solution ' of the Nazi's principally targetted European Jewry, not all Jews. They knew that Jews ( of which there were many ) in the USA were untouchable. It was not a final solution as such, as that would have involved the eradication of the entire world population of Jews. Their aim was to create a superstate, a giant land mass from the shores of France to the Eastern edge of Russia and eradicate all Jewry in that continent.
Their ' Final Solution ' also included gypsies, homosexuals, the handicapped and the disabled, those with learning difficulties and many that simply didn't fit the ideal ' Aryan ' profile. They also persecuted those that didn't agree with their ideas and that included some of the great intellects of that time but again, only within their targetted empire.
Stalin killed three times as many of his own people as those persecuted by the Nazi's but we don't hear people referring to a ' Stalin like purge ' or indeed to dictators and rulers who have killed many millions in acts of genocide. It is the use of this particular phrase that immediately makes people jump to the conclusion that it is a direct reference to Nazi atrocities.
The ' Final Solution ' of the Nazi's could never be finite. It was unattainable. It was a dream, an ideology. It was nimbyism. Hitler blamed the Jews for issues within his own continent. He wasn't bothered about them elsewhere.
Muslim extremism demands a final global solution and they are fanatically committed to achieving it. That is the main difference between their vision and that of the Nazi's. The Nazi's never had a final solution but their extravagant use of the phrase has seeped into general parlance.
If Katie Hopkins had said we need to purge the world of Isis and use whatever means in our power to do so, she would have received widespread support. She unwisely chose to use wording that sits uncomfortably with too many people.

Who knows what Nazi Germany would have done if it had defeated Russia and Britain?

Certainly it would have liquidated all the above mentioned groups within its grasp and as the most powerful country in the world it may well have looked at fighting the USA.

Especially as they had an atomic weapons program and ballistic rockets by 1944-45.

D

Deleted member 22389

All that anger directed at someone paid to say extreme things should be directed solely at the b@st@rds who are murdering men, women and children.

We are not allowed to Buzzer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yes I understand why quoting final solution can be taken offensively.

But not as much as seeing 22 young people intentionally blown up.

In short I think if people are so easily offended I worry about their ability to get through life.

The biggest problem we face as a country is not Katie Hopkins, it's the scum that hunk its clever to blow our children up. The exact same scum she is being grave enough to have a go at, when most of the media are too scared.

For that I applaud her even though if her wording was very poorly thought through.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She clearly didn't intend to reference the Holocaust.
She clearly did. She's well aware of offensive terms and the meaning of phrases like that, she makes her living writing about these things. No one would innocently write 'we need a final solution' in the context she wrote it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here