Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Personally, I'm not sure she intentionally referenced Nazis.
I am.
Just to clarify, if I was in a History quiz and the question was "Who coined the phrase or term 'final solution'?" my answer would have been Einstein or some other mathematician. I had no idea what it meant up until now.
And that's fine, but you'd never write the sentence "We need a final solution" on its own, because no one writes English like that. Sure, it could be written if you were going through a list of tried and failed solutions to a problem, and you said we needed a final solution, but in the context she wrote it there's no suggestion that we've tried other solutions (we really haven't).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She's not, she passed the entrance exam for Oxford and went to Sandhurst.

You're being very economical here. She ultimately failed to get into Oxford. She never qualified from Sandhurst either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're being very economical here. She ultimately failed to get into Oxford.
She didn't get in because she didn't interview well (maybe they realised she was a bitch), but she was bright enough to pass the exams and that's the point. She's not stupid.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agree totally, which is why it was a very calculated thing to mention 'Final solution' in her tweet

Sounds worse every time I hear it mentioned. Takes a certain sort of person to use the murder of children to get people talking about them but to chuck a holocaust reference into the mix is...I'm not sure what words to use. Narcissism doesn't cover it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
She sees it as her job to create a furore with her posts.
Wrong. She doesn't send messages to the government, she sends messages to her followers and those who will pick up and quote provocative things.
You seem to have no understanding of Katie Hopkins. She's a bright women, even though she's a bitch.

I agree. That's in complete contrast to your precious post.

I know plenty of people with first class degrees and not an ounce of common sense.
She is stupid enough not to realise that the comment would have had so much of a reaction.
The government theoretically are the only people who can do anything about it.
No, I don't understand her and I don't think she does either, but obviously as usual you are the expert.
She is in the same box as the Kardashians etc. famous for doing nothing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
ANTIFA are snowflakes not shitlords. They are getting their shit pushed in bigtime with one arrested yesterday after being doxxed on 4chan. Oh and ive friended Based Stick man on facebook!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

They got ran off on their home turf at Berkley, I cant see these clowns lasting much longer.

oh a another PJW send up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72KbeqN7pZ4

Shadilay

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just to clarify, if I was in a History quiz and the question was "Who coined the phrase or term 'final solution'?" my answer would have been Einstein or some other mathematician. I had no idea what it meant up until now.

Christ on a bike :facepalm:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I wondered why PJW appeared on the link to this thread (on Tapatalk), but not for long as it was obvious who posted it.

The way this guy tries to present himself as edgy and cool is genuinely embarrassing. So needy. I guess

This is genuinely you opinion or perspective, because its not how I see it and its also the manner of a lot of social media presenters, manic and no holds barred, a bit like Alex Jones of the same company, or Gavin McInnes or Milo.

The fact that you dont get it, is the definition of uncool, so I suppose he is cool although I dont view it in those teen terms. The fact you need to go into snide remarks about social media masterbaters seems to me to suggest you get the fact you are one of the uncool kids and dont like it.:eek:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Why do you think she changed her tweet? She obviously realised what she initially tweeted would cause offence so promptly changed it. If on the other she left it as it was, then you might well argue that she meant to cause offence. There is no way that you can prove that she intended to suggest the annihilation of the Muslim faith.
Don't be a knob. She's all about causing offence; if she was worried about causing offence, no one would have heard of her. More likely she was worried she'd gone a little too far this time.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It makes me think of two possible things. She's either

A) academically intelligent but socially thick.

or

B) a complete CJTC of the highest order for actually intending the words she published.

To add (granted, very little) to the discussion - I wasn't offended by the post, as unfortunately seeing her spout bile to further her own agenda isn't a new thing...however it's clear to see that it was a really, really bloody stupid thing to say. I have no doubt that she knew what she was doing and tried to cover it up when shit really got real.

Her having one less soapbox can only be a good thing.

Also, this Watson bloke looks and sounds like a complete **** as well. Extremely punchable face.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She didn't get in because she didn't interview well (maybe they realised she was a bitch), but she was bright enough to pass the exams and that's the point. She's not stupid.

Fair enough. She's not stupid. But I find the Oxford and Sandhurst references suggest two things which didn't actually happen.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
So because we said "A Final Solution", people have purposely assumed she meant the same thing as Hitler did.

Unbelievable.

She's a relatively intelligent and well-informed person. If she didn't realise the implications of what she was saying, she deserves to be sacked anyway.

And you're unbelievably naïve.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I know plenty of people with first class degrees and not an ounce of common sense.
She is stupid enough not to realise that the comment would have had so much of a reaction.
The government theoretically are the only people who can do anything about it.
No, I don't understand her and I don't think she does either, but obviously as usual you are the expert.
She is in the same box as the Kardashians etc. famous for doing nothing.

She's not famous for doing nothing. She's famous for being a thoroughly nasty person. I believe it is what is technically known as a b1tch.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Same as her employers.

If it was meant as a direct reference to the Holocaust, she deserves to be sacked.

And if she didn't realise it could be taken as such, then she probably also still deserves to be sacked for her stupidity, naivety or lack of knowledge.

And I realise, DiP, that you are probably not defending her

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It makes me think of two possible things. She's either

A) academically intelligent but socially thick.
Yeah I know such people do exist. I don't think it's her though. I vaguely remember her on the apprentice - they're all set up to fail really, and she wasn't that stupid.

B) a complete CJTC of the highest order for actually intending the words she published.
I think you're on to something there.

To add (granted, very little) to the discussion - I wasn't offended by the post
Nor am I. I'm not even offended on the behalf of others. I'm just confident she knew what she was writing and wanted to provoke etc. Obviously (I think) she doesn't really want all Muslims dead. Maybe she was pissed off at the time at the injustice of the attack, and she felt like lashing out. When people are racist, homophobic, etc, I'm rarely offended, but I think society is better without the intolerance, so I speak out against it.

as unfortunately seeing her spout bile to further her own agenda isn't a new thing...however it's clear to see that it was a really, really bloody stupid thing to say. I have no doubt that she knew what she was doing and tried to cover it up when shit really got real.

Her having one less soapbox can only be a good thing.
Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here