Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
We do need a final solution to the current problems, which is basically a war of a kind.

Like the war on terror, you mean? What will this one be called? "The war on terror and then some", perhaps?

Apart from Katie, no one knows in which context she used the the expression final solution.

But no one is able to describe any plausible alternative context, either.

Can anyone honestly claim that she is suggesting that Muslims should be gassed, put in ovens, worked to death or sent to concentration camps?

Yes. That is what it means.

Before we look for a final solution, I'm not aware that we have found a first solution yet.

If there was a "first solution" it sounds like it hasn't worked. So it wasn't a solution.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I know exactly what you are referring to, daveinprague. Might I suggest that those people are either too narrow minded to realise in which context Katie used them in, or it is purely an excuse to silence her? Did those same people attack Citizens Corbyn and McDonnell for their open support for The IRA? I suggest for those who did not see it last night, watch the Corbyn interview with Andrew Neil on iplayer.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I know exactly what you are referring to, daveinprague. Might I suggest that those people are either too narrow minded to realise in which context Katie used them in, or it is purely an excuse to silence her? Did those same people attack Citizens Corbyn and McDonnell for their open support for The IRA? I suggest for those who did not see it last night, watch the Corbyn interview with Andrew Neil on iplayer.
I'm sure you won't have any trouble explaining the context. And why she changed the tweet. And why she was fired. If none of this is to do with a reference to the Holocaust. The floor is yours.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Like the war on terror, you mean? What will this one be called? "The war on terror and then some", perhaps?

But no one is able to describe any plausible alternative context, either.

Yes. That is what it means.

If there was a "first solution" it sounds like it hasn't worked. So it wasn't a solution.

First solution. No one can agree on what it is.

Plausible context. We need to find a solution that works.

That"s what it means. Please show that Katie meant the annihilation of the Muslim race.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'm sure you won't have any trouble explaining the context. And why she changed the tweet. And why she was fired. If none of this is to do with a reference to the Holocaust. The floor is yours.

I have read the tweet but can't see anything wrong with it. The way I understand it is that she is suggesting that a final solution is found to end the bloodshed. There is NO evidence to suggest that Katie is suggesting the annihilation of the Muslim race. Please show where Katie suggested that. I can understand why she deleted her tweet, on reflection she realised that others would see translate Final solution as being something completely different from what she was implying.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Theres a Corbyn thread. For some reason, this thread has to discuss Corbyn, and the Manchester Tragedy.
Yeah, narrow minded people just wanted to silence her, especially as she is using their company. Its just narrow mindedness in your eyes? Seriously? Fair enough. Go with that mate.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Theres a Corbyn thread. For some reason, this thread has to discuss Corbyn, and the Manchester Tragedy.
Yeah, narrow minded people just wanted to silence her, especially as she is using their company. Its just narrow mindedness in your eyes? Seriously? Fair enough. Go with that mate.

If she had said "We need THE FINAL SOLUTION", then I would have a totally different view, but she said "A FINAL SOLUTION".

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If she had said "We need THE FINAL SOLUTION", then I would have a totally different view, but she said "A FINAL SOLUTION".

Oh... the details don't matter now. She said something, the world took it how they saw it, she's sacked. End of story.

Just like the media bloke who likened the intelligence of an Everton player to a "Gorilla at the Zoo", being completely unaware his Grandfather was Nigerian. Whoomp. Sacked. Did the reporter know his Grandad was Nigerian? I doubt it - but he could have done..

Say nothing. Nothing at all. Unless you're a Jihadist - then you can say whatever you like, live on YouTube, waving a rifle.

I'm bored of this... :(

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What are the chances? Everyone who people agree with are misquoted/misunderstood and everyone the same people disagree with are lying, evil scumbags. Must be like billions to one.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Which her employers found unacceptable whilst she is representing their brand. What you think, or what I think is of no matter whatsover.
Would would you suggest 'A final solution' entails?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To be fair to her, she does have a history of not understanding the whole Jewish thing. Like not noticing the meaning of the Twitter handle who she was retweeting.

hopkins.png

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I have to hold my hands up and say I can't stand the woman and her twisted views of life. I am happy she has less chance now of expressing those views.
I don't know what her thoughts were when she wrote that piece, only she will know that. However, I wonder if she was only guilty in this instance of tautology because in my understanding a solution is normally final so that word then becomes redundant.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
First solution. No one can agree on what it is.

Plausible context. We need to find a solution that works.

That"s what it means. Please show that Katie meant the annihilation of the Muslim race.

You really must be joking mate. If she really meant "a solution that works" she could have said exactly that, or any number of other phrases with a similar meaning. But no. She chose the one phrase that was bound to be interpreted as a suggestion of genocide. She has a history of making deliberately provocative remarks, and she has previous where Holocaust related remarks are concerned.

You're defending the indefensible.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have to hold my hands up and say I can't stand the woman and her twisted views of life. I am happy she has less chance now of expressing those views.
I don't know what her thoughts were when she wrote that piece, only she will know that. However, I wonder if she was only guilty in this instance of tautology because in my understanding a solution is normally final so that word then becomes redundant.

Her views are not twisted, they just differ from yours.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Which her employers found unacceptable whilst she is representing their brand. What you think, or what I think is of no matter whatsover.
Would would you suggest 'A final solution' entails?[/QUOL

Those who listen to LBC regularly are fully aware that LBC is a left leaning thinking station apart from 4 of it's Presenters.The majority of it's listeners are mostly left wing thinkers. if anyone should be sacked then it should be James O'Brien. He is rude, self opinionated, arrogant and worst of all encourages hatred.
What would I consider as a final solution? Quite simply, a solution that would defeat ISIS and radical Islam. Sadly i doubt this will ever happen as ISIS and alike will not negotiate and would like to convert the world to their twisted way of thinking. What would your final solution be?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
You really must be joking mate. If she really meant "a solution that works" she could have said exactly that, or any number of other phrases with a similar meaning. But no. She chose the one phrase that was bound to be interpreted as a suggestion of genocide. She has a history of making deliberately provocative remarks, and she has previous where Holocaust related remarks are concerned.

You're defending the indefensible.

Why do you think she changed her tweet? She obviously realised what she initially tweeted would cause offence so promptly changed it. If on the other she left it as it was, then you might well argue that she meant to cause offence. There is no way that you can prove that she intended to suggest the annihilation of the Muslim faith.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would would you suggest 'A final solution' entails?[/QUOL

Those who listen to LBC regularly are fully aware that LBC is a left leaning thinking station apart from 4 of it's Presenters.The majority of it's listeners are mostly left wing thinkers. if anyone should be sacked then it should be James O'Brien. He is rude, self opinionated, arrogant and worst of all encourages hatred.
What would I consider as a final solution? Quite simply, a solution that would defeat ISIS and radical Islam. Sadly i doubt this will ever happen as ISIS and alike will not negotiate and would like to convert the world to their twisted way of thinking. What would your final solution be?

One thing for sure is James Ob will never be sacked from LBC, aside of his opinions unlike KTH he is a broadcasting professional

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She is a daft bint
She's not, she passed the entrance exam for Oxford and went to Sandhurst.
who probably had no idea as to what a furore her tweet message would have made.
She sees it as her job to create a furore with her posts.
I think she just used those words as a message to the government that things have to be sorted out.
Wrong. She doesn't send messages to the government, she sends messages to her followers and those who will pick up and quote provocative things.
Tweet messages have to be short I am told and it's just an unfortunate choice of words.
She is too stupid to have known that they were
You seem to have no understanding of Katie Hopkins. She's a bright women, even though she's a bitch.

I pity her kids, look at the legacy that she is leaving for them, I think that she may be a bit deranged.
She gets a reaction everytime she comments, so feels compelled to keep commenting, trying to out do the last one for a bigger reaction.
I agree. That's in complete contrast to your precious post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here