Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting List

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not quite sure that's the best method of filling the stadium. Maybe every STH should be given a specific small number of games grace for when they go on holiday or are sick or whatever, whereupon their ticket gets floated for sale in exchange for some kind of club shop voucher pittance, or even some kind of token monetary refund. We've already seen that significant numbers of STH just won't turn up for midweek games for any number of valid reasons. Why not provide the facility for giving that tcket to somebody who would appreciate the Match Day Experience and pump some additional money into the club's commercial side in the process? Alternative is the seat just gets left empty and everybody loses out.

It's about income rather than bums on seats. The club already has the money from the sth.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's great that we have "new" fans and hopefully our fan base continues to grow. That said I have no sympathy for them that they will probably miss out on a season ticket because most of them didn't think it was "worth the money" when we were in the Championship..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's great that we have "new" fans and hopefully our fan base continues to grow. That said I have no sympathy for them that they will probably miss out on a season ticket because most of them didn't think it was "worth the money" when we were in the Championship..

Think that's a bit too broad a brushstroke.

For sure there's a huge mass of glory hunters who don't want to see the Albion at all, they just want to see (a small subset of, say, 7 clubs) of the Albion's opponents.

But there's also a smaller number of very very good guys on there with a previous purchasing history. IMHO they need to be given WAY more weighting in the queue. We all know who they are.

The rest can frankly f*ck right off. I say that because the biggest, stupidest queue I ever did see at Withdean was for Albion Youth v Chelsea Youth in some youth cup or other. It was truly pathetic, queue stretched all the way down past the bridge. F*ck those gormless people and people like them basically, they never came to see the Albion, they came purely to see the Albion's opponents. Same as a large chunk of people in the current queue.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Would be a bit of a nice touch IMHO if a small number of 'wildcard' STs could be set aside with all those on the waiting list entered into maybe a monthly draw for the right to buy one. Would at least give the person 5,001st in the waiting list a wee bit of a run for their money. Wouldn't be that dissimilar to the Withdean era whereby anybody post-promotion wanting a matchday ticket was entered into midweek ballot. Seen few sadder sights from that era than a member of staff at the old club shop by the clock tower having to spend most of their working day stuffing uncashed cheques into stamped addressed envelopes to return to the unlucky applicants.

I don't think the 1st person in the queue would be too happy if the 5001st got the last ticket![emoji6]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For sure. But for every no-show STH, that particular seat for that particular game could and would generate additional income in terms of merchandise and catering.

I don't think the club would lose sleep over my £2.30 cup of Bovril, when I'm ill and can't go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would be a bit of a nice touch IMHO if a small number of 'wildcard' STs could be set aside with all those on the waiting list entered into maybe a monthly draw for the right to buy one. Would at least give the person 5,001st in the waiting list a wee bit of a run for their money. Wouldn't be that dissimilar to the Withdean era whereby anybody post-promotion wanting a matchday ticket was entered into midweek ballot. Seen few sadder sights from that era than a member of staff at the old club shop by the clock tower having to spend most of their working day stuffing uncashed cheques into stamped addressed envelopes to return to the unlucky applicants.

I remember the ballots, which also puts a lie to those who say Withdean didn't sell out.

Yes, there were spaces when the capacity was raised from 5K to 8K, but it didn't help that very few away fans wanted to visit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think the club would lose sleep over my £2.30 cup of Bovril, when I'm ill and can't go.

It's still £2.30 off the the bottom line. Multiply that up by a couple of thousand times per game, and then multiply that up by 20 games, and it amounts to a tidy sum. Well it did up til now, when we most needed it. With untold EPL riches, doubt very much the club cares whether any of us comes at all, other than to provide a colourful local yokel backdrop. Think I read somewhere that EPL could actually afford to let us all in for free and STILL make a profit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And what about TRUE Albion fans who have returned to the UK having lived abroad, or getting season tickets for young children, or those Albion fans who, in the past, could not make it to many games due to work commitments.

Really, I must tell my 8 year old grandson that he can 'do one' as he is a glory hunter, despite the fact that he has supported the Albion for the last three years, wears his shirt with pride, and . . . lives in Croydon! :shrug:

Getting him out of Croydon should be the priority here not worrying about a season ticket.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford

For sure there's a huge mass of glory hunters who don't want to see the Albion at all, they just want to see (a small subset of, say, 7 clubs) of the Albion's opponents.

But there's also a smaller number of very very good guys on there with a previous purchasing history. IMHO they need to be given WAY more weighting in the queue. We all know who they are.

The rest can frankly f*ck right off. I say that because the biggest, stupidest queue I ever did see at Withdean was for Albion Youth v Chelsea Youth in some youth cup or other. It was truly pathetic, queue stretched all the way down past the bridge. F*ck those gormless people and people like them basically, they never came to see the Albion, they came purely to see the Albion's opponents. Same as a large chunk of people in the current queue.

Couldn't have been worse than the queue for play off final tickets. I queued for nearly 5 hours and only just got home in time to watch the fa cup final.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

They took their chances with general release tickets in the past so let them carry on as usual. Be a bit tougher now though. Anyway how many are they actually releasing above the usual................ ?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Of course, I don't mean everyone in the waiting list comes under this category but I'm sure most of them do.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My, what a bad tempered thread! I'll put it down to yesterday's hot weather causing tempers to be frayed. Anyhow, what really gets my goat is this....(and I don't know what can be done to remedy the situation)..... the more affluent, but rather less passionate Albion "fans" who have been able to acquire a season ticket in the past, as a nice little luxury, just in case they fancy an afternoon out at the footy, who can rarely be bothered to actually attend a game. The bloke who sits a few seats along from me has not been for the last TWO YEARS, and his seat remains empty week in week out (no, he's not dead). It's criminal seat blocking and should be banned.

I'm pretty sure that the club contact ST holders who aren't showing up fairly regularly as I'm sure I remember a thread moaning about it on NSC previously (Moaning on NSC - Surely not ???).

On the waiting list, there will be people who for various reasons haven't been able to take up a season ticket until now, but i'm afraid they will have to take their place in the queue alongside those who have seen the light since we beat Wigan/Wolves/QPR/Brimingham/Blackburn etc. I would have thought that if you've attended matches over the last season on a Pay as you go basis, you would still have a good chance of getting those one off tickets this season due to the loyalty points.

As for supporters who have moved abroad and come back - I really don't know what the club can do, but I hope it was sunny and the beer was cheap :cool::drink::wink:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's still £2.30 off the the bottom line. Multiply that up by a couple of thousand times per game, and then multiply that up by 20 games, and it amounts to a tidy sum. Well it did up til now, when we most needed it. With untold EPL riches, doubt very much the club cares whether any of us comes at all, other than to provide a colourful local yokel backdrop. Think I read somewhere that EPL could actually afford to let us all in for free and STILL make a profit.

It's £2.30 off the top line though. The club don't make £2.30 profit from it (unless you are Diane Abbott in disguise).

el punal

Getting him out of Croydon should be the priority here not worrying about a season ticket.

I understand your sentiments, but the little chap lives on the South Croydon/Selsdon border in nice, leafy surburbia far removed from the detritus of West and North Croydon that everyone imagines is the epitome of shitsville.

He is also a wonderful ambassador for the club, wearing his Albion replica kit at school and proud of it, and the games teacher teasingly calls him the Brighton fan. For what it's worth most of the kids round there are Chelsea fans. Palace? Pah!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
5,000 are on general sale for each game, unless the away fans don't want their full allocation.

The club will want to sell all their general sale tickets before the ticket exchange kicks in.

Don't think there is. Haven't we got 24,000 season ticket holders?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
This. No reason whatsoever why there shouldn't be ten thousand seats made available at the Amex for the midweek visit of Stoke, as opposed to just leaving ten thousand empty STH seats.

Good point, but I doubt we will have more than 3 midweek evening home games in the Premier League

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here