Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting List

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
This is not meant to “have a go” at any particular individual, so please don’t take this personally, as I fully appreciate that individual circumstances affect your ability to do something you would otherwise want to do.

I am one of the vast number of “watchers” on NSC, who posts very rarely, but his thread made me think about the current situation and here are my views.

The history regarding my support of Brighton is irrelevant, as this is purely related to our time since we’ve had the pleasure of watching Brighton play at the Amex.

Like many other STHs, the friend I stand with in the North Stand and I went to the Amex before it was finished and selected our seats. I have no idea how many people did that, but it was a fabulous experience, after what had preceded it. For the last six seasons I have had the pleasure of enjoying watching Brighton play in a fantastic stadium.

I have witnessed Buckley’s goals against Doncaster, our games against Palace, the amazing performance and atmosphere when we had two players sent off against Burnley and still deserved to get something out of the game, the comeback wins against Charlton and Fulham, the emotional and immensely sympathetic response of the Club/Fans following the Shoreham Air Disaster and, of course, the promotion winning win against Wigan (amongst so many others).

When there have been so many opportunities for people to become a STH (especially the half season ticket offer, which my friend’s sister took up last season), and whilst I fully appreciate life/work/family/finance etc, plays a justified part in this, I have to ask, why have you been waiting?

You have missed so much.

Good luck in joining us next season. And I really mean that.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It wasn't value for money, because I was unable to attend most of the games that were moved. I hope that clarifies, you ****.

You live in Uckfield cant have been that hard to arrange to make a game, they give you more than a days notice of the change of fixture.

Why have you bothered joining the waiting list as games will get moved this season?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
You live in Uckfield cant have been that hard to arrange to make a game, they give you more than a days notice of the change of fixture.

Why have you bothered joining the waiting list as games will get moved this season?
Have you been a **** all your life, or did you take lessons?

It has nothing to do my geographical location, you pile of monkey shit.

Why do you want to go to the Amex?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks!!! You can frankly DO ONE as far as I am concerned. I had a season ticket the first 3 years, was unable to afford it after so had to give it up until finances settled down again, which wasn't until a couple of months ago, so redid bronze membership and joined waiting list. 4000+ when I joined. Don't lump us all in the same boat. :wanker:

I bet you wouldn't of cancelled if we were promoted 2 or 3 years ago. You would have found the money somehow - glory hunter:wanker:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Have you been a **** all your life, or did you take lessons?

It has nothing to do my geographical location, you pile of monkey shit.

Why do you want to go to the Amex?

Well arent you a delightful chap.

Still havent answered my question though. If we had gone up the previous season i bet you would have kept your ticket on even with games getting moved.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I've supported the club since 1972, you moron. What do you mean "sitting around waiting"?

Brainless ****.

God you must be old then, so many years of experience and you are still as stupid as ****.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I for one welcome all new supporters to our club. I really cannot understand why anoyone thinks it is a bad thing for us to be growing our fan base. Attendances have always risen after promotions and dropped after relegations, for this club, and all others. We need to keep growing our fan base to ensure we have people willing to spend money at the club through ticket sales, merchandise and other means and to replace those supporters who will no longer be able to attend matches in the future for whatever reason. Not having a waiting list would be a bad thing as attendances would gradullay drop away as current season holders ability to attend matches changed and were then not replaced. Sneering at people on the waiting list is particularly unpleasant. There are many reason why people may not have been able to have had a season ticket for the last few years. It may have been financial reasons at the time, personal circumstance, family reasons, whatever. Those of you who are judging everyone on the list have no knowledeg of the circumstances of each individual on the list. I hope the fan base of our club continues to grow and the list gets longer. That will be an obvious reflection of the onfield success of the club and the enjoyment of the supporters watching

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Er, what? I missed about 5 home games in the last season as my wife works Fridays and I had to look after our young daughter. Before that I hadn't missed more than one or two home games in a season since I started going at the age of 8. Life can be a difficult juggling act at times. Good binfest though :)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I for one welcome all new supporters to our club. I really cannot understand why anoyone thinks it is a bad thing for us to be growing our fan base. Attendances have always risen after promotions and dropped after relegations, for this club, and all others. We need to keep growing our fan base to ensure we have people willing to spend money at the club through ticket sales, merchandise and other means and to replace those supporters who will no longer be able to attend matches in the future for whatever reason. Not having a waiting list would be a bad thing as attendances would gradullay drop away as current season holders ability to attend matches changed and were then not replaced. Sneering at people on the waiting list is particularly unpleasant. There are many reason why people may not have been able to have had a season ticket for the last few years. It may have been financial reasons at the time, personal circumstance, family reasons, whatever. Those of you who are judging everyone on the list have no knowledeg of the circumstances of each individual on the list. I hope the fan base of our club continues to grow and the list gets longer. That will be an obvious reflection of the onfield success of the club and the enjoyment of the supporters watching
There does seem to be a sizeable contingent among our support who wish we were tinpot and still at an athletics stadium, with crowds of 8,000, in league 1. It seems to give them some feeling of superiority that they obviously lack in every other area of their lives.

Complete bell ends, to a man.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good. Hope they miss out. How years have we been at the Amex now ? 5/6 ? Glory hunters can do one.

Thanks!!! You can frankly DO ONE as far as I am concerned. I had a season ticket the first 3 years, was unable to afford it after so had to give it up until finances settled down again, which wasn't until a couple of months ago, so redid bronze membership and joined waiting list. 4000+ when I joined. Don't lump us all in the same boat. :wanker:

Similar, didn't renew last season, as too many games got moved, and it wasn't value for money. Have supported the club since 1972!

I bet you wouldn't of cancelled if we were promoted 2 or 3 years ago. You would have found the money somehow - glory hunter:wanker:

All a bit unneccessary. [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION], we don't all have the same circumstances, mate. You're right that plenty of glory hunters will be after STs now that we're in the top division, but there are plenty of us who are loyal supporters and are only now on the list.

At the end of the day, the club simply needs to ensure it's exchange is working properly so that as many people as possible do get the chance to get to the Amex when they can.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Same situation here. Mega frustrating that you just KNOW your behind 3000 plastics who are scrambling like mad, and (being over cautious) another 1000 or so in the same situation as ourselves.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Well said, plenty of unnecessary abuse on this thread, we do all support the same club

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here