Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting List

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good. Hope they miss out. How years have we been at the Amex now ? 5/6 ? Glory hunters can do one.

You live in Uckfield cant have been that hard to arrange to make a game, they give you more than a days notice of the change of fixture.

Why have you bothered joining the waiting list as games will get moved this season?

Not sure why both of you have such a problem with this - surely you already have a season ticket so why does it matter to you if people join a list to get one. Bizarre attitude to fellow supporters.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't know the individual circumstances here but hard to feel sympathy for anyone joining the queue now.

Bit harsh, I'm desperate for a poo, it's gone past the touching cloth stage and I'm practically touching socks.

Edit: Ahh, think I may have got the wrong end of the stick on this thread.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There'll be at least one new ST holder. I didn't renew my daughter's so some lucky sod is going to have the pleasure of sitting next to me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure why both of you have such a problem with this - surely you already have a season ticket so why does it matter to you if people join a list to get one. Bizarre attitude to fellow supporters.

True. A friend of mine is on the list who has been coming to the Amex since it opened. Finances dictated that he couldn't afford a season ticket on his own, so he shared one with someone else. They took it in turns for the seat.
Now he can afford one by himself. His number is just over 1000.

There's too many on here who think they're better than others.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There does seem to be a sizeable contingent among our support who wish we were tinpot and still at an athletics stadium, with crowds of 8,000, in league 1. It seems to give them some feeling of superiority that they obviously lack in every other area of their lives.

Complete bell ends, to a man.

Just as bad, a few arrogant cocks who started attending regularly in 2011 when we had a nice shiny new stadium with roofs, who now sneer at fans (some might be entire newcomers) who are desperate to get a s/t.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Lots of astonishingly blinkered superfannery being displayed on this thread. The past time of superfannies I guess.

I gave up my season ticket when I moved to California. I will be at the back of the queue when I come home.

A message from the 1970s for all the indignant bellends who feel outraged by the idea of someone else being allowed on the waiting list:

Come and have a sneer if you think you're hard enough!

Tossers

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Don't know the individual circumstances here but hard to feel sympathy for anyone joining the queue now.

Good. Hope they miss out. How years have we been at the Amex now ? 5/6 ? Glory hunters can do one.

Wow. There are all sorts of reasons why someone might not have had an Amex season ticket up until now but might currently be in the waiting list. Whilst I have no current plans to return to the UK, I would certainly be in that category should I ever decide to repatriate.

I must say, it's disappointing to learn how a couple of fellow NSC'ers would regard me.

You live and learn.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow. There are all sorts of reasons why someone might not have had an Amex season ticket up until now but might currently be in the waiting list. Whilst I have no current plans to return to the UK, I would certainly be in that category should I ever decide to repatriate.

I must say, it's disappointing to learn how a couple of fellow NSC'ers would regard me.

You live and learn.

Waiting list jumps from 1500 to 5000 according to someone on here. Obviously nothing to do with promotion

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Come on people. How much did Palace's average attendance go up when they got promoted? 10k? How about Boro 20k?

We have a huge catchment area and many fans will only want to see Brighton play Premier League football - it's like that at every club. We should respect all fans of our wonderful club, they all have different stories and circumstances but the same right to support the club. All new STHs are more than welcome.

Those who can't get in will have chances at friendlies, cup games and possibly away games such as Wembley.

It's sad for some that we don't have more room as I think we'd sell out a 40k Stadium for most games next season but I prefer having a full Championship stadium rather than a Boro 13k in 35k empty bowl situation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Waiting list jumps from 1500 to 5000 according to someone on here. Obviously nothing to do with promotion

So f**king what ? You really have a chip on your shoulder. Stop being an utter knob and be thankful we have people queueing up to spend their money.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Single Seats - In view of the demand do you think the club may move existing season tickets holders over 1/2 seats where single seats exist close together to create 2 seats.
I noticed this issue when I have tried to purchase tickets for friends together in our block I am in.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Single seats For 3 seasons has been 2 single seats in our row abot 12 seats apart. Never understood why we were not asked to move up one to create a pair. Appreciate they will now sell but sure 2 people going together are more likely to be in for long term

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I would like to be a STH in the future, but work and family commitments mean it isn't practical for the next few years. However, earlier this year I joined the queue, as I could see that otherwise I might never get one. I can't be the only one with that thought.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fortunately there are 5,000 tickets sold for every match, so those on the waiting list can still go to games.

If we didn't have interest free direct debits. I couldn't be a season ticket holder. It does make it much easier.

Edit, I only became a sth, when we moved to Withdean. In my younger days, only rich people had season tickets. The rest of the plebs paid on the gate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit, I only became a sth, when we moved to Withdean. In my younger days, only rich people had season tickets. The rest of the plebs paid on the gate.

Quite. My dad bought a season ticket in the late 70s and we all thought he was stark staring bonkers. These days I regard my pair od tickets as a sort of family heirloom :falmer:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Single Seats - In view of the demand do you think the club may move existing season tickets holders over 1/2 seats where single seats exist close together to create 2 seats.
I noticed this issue when I have tried to purchase tickets for friends together in our block I am in.

Hope not. There is a single seat right behind me that I buy for my ex ST holding Daughter who moved away for work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here