Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May ruled to have broken the law.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do many break international law? That is a genuine question.

Generally a ruling against a Home Secretary ( or any government secretary ) means they have technically broken the law.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Corbyn....IRA. Truly vile man.

Utterly unfounded. Corbyn has never been IRA. He had dealings with them and aided the peace process. Anything further than that is pure speculation and, I suspect, malice.

However we do know for certain that TM sells arms to the Saudis who wreak havoc throughout the Middle East, using these weapons to bomb MSF hospitals and commit horrifying humanitarian crimes against Yemen . All of which adds to the escalating refugee crisis. It is also strongly suspected these arms are passed on to ISIS.

So Corbyn. A man who aids peace in NI and has never been proved to be an IRA member or sympathiser.

Or May. A woman who sells arms to the most volatile region on the planet and governments who pose the greatest risk to U.K security in the world.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
An interesting comment under that article.

Theresa May became involved in 2014 when, as Home Secretary, she refused to take legal responsibility for the families."

So what happened between 1998 and 2014?

Jack Straw, David Blunkett, Charles Clarke, John Reid, Jacquui Smith and Alan Johnson were all Home Secretary before Theresa May in 2010.

How odd there is no mention of them refusing to take responibility.

There's a key issue to be taken from this news but inevitably there'll be a lot of tangential prevarication and deflection from those unwilling or unable to grasp it's significance.

You appear to fall into that category so here's a clue (one equally applicable to anyone of a slow/low/dim witted nature) to help you answer your own question; six are yesterday's news and one is the current Prime Minister of Great Britain.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I attended the PCS conference on Wednesday at the Brighton Centre and if half of what they claim May has in store for the average British worker comes to pass, we are in for a rough, rough ride with decisions made for us that will resonate for generations. Real legacy changes and with no EU to keep her in check she will bring this country to its knees. Mark my words.

ur delusional if u fink any of dem will do any better --I suppose u were happy with eu gravy train, and being told wot to do by people outside this country
all parties lie get found out and then knee jerk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
... to lead us out of the EU ...

How DARE she do as the results of the referendum voted for her to do. There she is a remain campaigner, just going along with what the majority of the voters wanted. This democracy lark, pfff, over-rated eh?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ur delusional if u fink any of dem will do any better --I suppose u were happy with eu gravy train, and being told wot to do by people outside this country
all parties lie get found out and then knee jerk

I am genuinely struggling to read or make sense of that post.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How DARE she do as the results of the referendum voted for her to do. There she is a remain campaigner, just going along with what the majority of the voters wanted. This democracy lark, pfff, over-rated eh?

Your post is an ignorant one and misses the point entirely. Of course we will be leaving the EU as that was the way the vote went. It's just a disaster that this woman is doing the leading.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
How dare she deny these people their right to come to the UK and be provided with Housing , benefits healthcare etc .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Non story. Most Home Secretaries have rulings go against their decisions occasionally. Jack Straw for example.

I have read the story. And it is a sordid little tale which reflects badly on us as a nation.
I also bow to no man in my detestation of Teresa May and all that she stands for.

However I also agree with this comment. My undersatnding would be that High Court rulings of this type do happen, under any government, and I don't think it qualifies as particularly newsworth.

Although if anyone has the actual expertise to explain how and why this ruling is excpetional in some way, I'm all ears!

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How dare she deny these people their right to come to the UK and be provided with Housing , benefits healthcare etc .

See, this is where some people really are missing the point and have not read or understood the article.

She didn't deny them the right to come to the UK , she denied them the right to have their case heard.

That's the difference and that's where she breached international law.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's just a disaster that this woman is doing the leading.

And now is your chance to choose someone better. Corbyn? Farran?

At least she had the balls to stand up and get on with it rather than run away crying because the vote didn't go his way. Yes, I'm looking at you Mr Cameron.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He had dealings with them and aided the peace process.

So Corbyn. A man who aids peace in NI

How did he do this exactly ? He only ever spoke to the IRA - to aid a peace process he would have had to have spoken to ALL parties involved. He did not.

However we do know for certain that TM sells arms to the Saudis who wreak havoc throughout the Middle East,

As did Cameron, as did Brown, as did Blair, as did Major, as did Thatcher, as did Callaghan, as did Wilson and as did Heath ( we started selling arms to them in 1965 ). So your point is ?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Yes they have rights as refugees.
As we all do.
Lucky for us (and I would thank god for this every day if I believed in her) we are truly lucky in that we will probably never have to call on those rights

(I may have misunderstood the tone of your post..?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or May. A woman who sells arms to the most volatile region on the planet and governments who pose the greatest risk to U.K security in the world.
Are you suggesting we've just started selling arms to the Saudis under May's leadership? When we were doing it under the last Labour government, they broke the law when they stopped a fraud investigation into the arms deals.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
See, this is where some people really are missing the point and have not read or understood the article.

She didn't deny them the right to come to the UK , she denied them the right to have their case heard.

That's the difference and that's where she breached international law.

This is taken from the article

Theresa May became involved in 2014 when, as Home Secretary, she refused to take legal responsibility for the families. And despite the fact that the families were granted refugee status, May argued that did not extend to the SBA. She therefore argued that the families had no right to resettlement in the UK.

To me that reads as Mrs May clearly refused them entry to the UK, and was arguing (incorrectly on appeal) that the Convention did not extend to SBA. I don't read that as refusing for the case to ne heard, which surely is a Court decision given that they are independent from Government.

No doubt you will explain your rationale for us thickies

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Utterly unfounded. Corbyn has never been IRA. He had dealings with them and aided the peace process. Anything further than that is pure speculation and, I suspect, malice.

This has been utterly refuted in several other threads(mostly by [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] - I suggest you read them). Of course he wasn't in the IRA, just best buddies...

Don't think Corbyn ever met a Terrorist he didn't like as long as they were against the USA, Israel or Britain.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Where did I suggest May was the first to sell arms?

What I'm saying is the world knows what the Saudis do with those arms and I don't believe people should be voting to keep a PM who sells arms to Saudi who go on to arm the type of people that blow up 8 year old girls at pop concerts. I didn't agree with it before and I don't agree with it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here