Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Humble Pie Has Arrived - Anyone Deserving A Slice?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fully expected (at best) play-offs and subsequent semi-final misery, regardless of who we kept/signed, which was then pretty much NAILED ON after the Forest debacle. Also didn't think Uwe would be able to slot into Duffy's spot after so long out.

English mustard and a side salad with mine please.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not sure if humble pie is a savoury dish or a sweet one.

Savoury - it's the old name for offal.

I don't think I merit a slice - I'm a veggie anyway - although I did think we'd be 6th at start of the season.

I fancy a portion of Braggart Roll for predicting that Reading would be third though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My general demeanour wrt the football is to ride the emotional roller coaster and leave my chicken brain at home. WRT trajectory, I don't think I take very strong views on the basis of minimal evidence. That said, my foibles this season are:

1. I expected Stephens would walk at the end of the season.
2. I expected Murphy to start most games
3. I expected Huddersfield to choke by Christmas.
4. I expected Newcastle, Norwich and Luxury to be the top 3 (not alone, there, I expect)
5. I expected a horrible wobble in the New year.

Happy to have a slice, garnished with something humble:

heinzketchup300g.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
After the Newcastle home game I was convinced that the fates were against us and Huddersfield were going to win every match and take the promotion place that WE DESERVED because it was OUR TURN!!!

Part of me wants Reading to beat them at Wembley, tinpot made-up club that the Biscuitmen are, just so that my nightmare doesn't come true a year on and Huddersfield sneak ahead of us into 17th place ...

Mash with mine, please, but no eels or liquor.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I can quite honestly say I have come out with no howlers this season
Same, but every season, rather than just this season.

I though Tomori was awful in that first game versus Lincoln
I was listening to the commentary, and they were saying he was excellent in the first half. He then made a mistake, and didn't cope well afterwards. I didn't understand why people were writing him off despite the fact he showed he can play well.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I did not think the parade would be so well attended . So I am eating my humble pie .

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
A lot of humble pie for me, mainly because the last few years have made me slightly pessimistic. Things that earn me a slice:
- Sarcastically calling Sam Baldock a 'natural born finisher' on many an occasion.
- Saying that fielding a weakened team in the cup vs Lincoln would hit squad morale and do more harm than good.
- Panicking that Uwe wouldn't be good enough when Sugar Shane got injured.

There's probably more, but I promise to be more upbeat and BELIEVE in us avoiding the drop next season!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
After last summers transfer window shut I was incandescent with rage over a certain northern midfielder playing chicken with TB, I'll take the whole pie van on that one (although I maintain if we'd stayed down he'd have walked)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Weirdly I don't feel the need to eat humble pie, I think because mainly I trusted Chris Hughton to pick the best team and play the right tactics, so little reason to complain and consequently little reason to make comments that could come back to bite me!

I love feeling smug!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here