Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Humble Pie Has Arrived - Anyone Deserving A Slice?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Had doubts about Tomori after Lincoln and not impressed with a repeat in his England game the other day but good in between.

Pass the sauce.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'll fess up, I bet £50 with a work colleague that we would miss auto's as recent as March I'll have a large slice with garlic mayo and red onion chutney please

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I expected our season to be the same as previous seasons and we would just miss out on promotion. Humble pie with custard please.

Yup me too. Mind you I also thought that the Palace play-off defeat was going to be our high-water mark for a while and we'd struggle to make the play-offs again (a 'ceiling' indeed as Poyet inferred), so I should have known that my predictive skills aren't that reliable!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I said to a work colleague that I thought we'd paid too much for Shane Duffy and I didn't think we needed him as we have plenty of cover in that position. Now I love the BFG and Conor but Duffy has been immense this season. My colleague said he'd be a great signing for us and he was right. I'll have a slice of that pie.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Me suggesting that we were gonna perform the biggest bottle job in second tier history after the Newcastle and Forest games.

I was in a pretty bad mood that day anyway so I just lashed out.

Humble pie is embarrassing to eat, but in this case it tastes delicious and I'm happily eating a slice.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I though Tomori was awful in that first game versus Lincoln, would have been happy to pack his stuff up and send him back to Chelsea that day. Come the Villa game, he was the best player on the pitch, humble pie indeed.

he also jumped away from the ball at first half free kick--leaving it to go through to stockdale--should have let ball hit him, if Villa had gone 1 up at that point we would have found it a struggle

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
I questioned whether we could ever be a title chasing team with a striker that only chipped in with 5 goals a season.

Super Sam ended up with my player of the season vote.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought we'd finish just outside of top 6 and I also predicted a stormer of a season for Jiri Skalak. I also questioned Bruno's captaincy. What was I thinking?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When we had out little wobble, I made a point about us not playing so well since Paul Trollope joined. I now realise that was bollocks.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
About the Albion none he says smugly. I did think that Villa and Norwich would be more competitive and thought that we would finish only just ahead of them.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
September I thought we'd finish in the playoff spots at best without another striker in.

Come February I again feared our front 3 getting injured as I thought Akpom is useless... oh...:whistle:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Didn't actually say it anywhere, but I thought we'd made a mistake insisting on keeping Stephens at the club after he made it so clear he wanted out. I figured he'd be missing that extra little edge after that, but in the end he proved what a pro he is.

Along with my humble pie, I'll have some braggart sauce: In the mid-season threads about who our biggest threat to second would be, I plumped for Reading. Final table and they're sitting third, albeit 8 points back and having been ruled out well before season end. I also maintained that as long as we held our form, there weren't any genuine threats given the gap we had at the time.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I said to several people that we'd struggle to make the playoffs because I was certain Newcastle would have won the league by Easter and Norwich wouldn't be far behind.

Thats exactly as I saw it.

Going back further, during Stockdales first season, particularly following his howler against Cardiff, I was certain the club had made a mistake.

Football eh?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never apologise, never explain...

However...

My immaculately-crafted theorem on the players coming back off an international break horribly ring-rusty after a fortnight sat indoors playing Xbox took one helluva beating after the March international break when they came back and won five games on the bounce.

Big SLICE here :blush:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Having been close to spending £7m on a No. 10 in the summer, I'll take a slice of the pie for moaning about our lack of signing a decent striker in January (in addition to Murray being made permanent).

Actually it was more of a concern than a moan... :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here