Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever won a competition?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A friend of mine still does that - she will enter every competition she will find and wins ridiculous amount of things such cars and big holidays, including a trip to the last World Cup in Brazil.

The last prize I recall her winning was a years supply of Branston.

Mrs Bozza has just returned from the pub quiz which she attends with the lady I referred to above. Let's call her Mrs Competition.

Mrs Bozza now has a pair of Aunt Bessie Chip Flops which are Flip Flops that are covered in pictures of crinkle cut chips. Apparently they were a consolation prize in a competition. Mrs Competition has 11 pairs of them, all in size 6 and 7, as she entered the competition 11 times.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I did win an Albion shirt in a competition run by Stanley Tools.
I bought a new spirit level and filled in a competition form to win a football shirt of my choice.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
£50 on a Premium Bond when I was 8 years old, at the time this was like winning the lottery... I think I bought a Transformer with some of it and the rest went into my post office account.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Before it all went online, entering competitions was a big hobby for my mum. Her two biggest wins - a Ford KA and a three week trip to California.

Me - two half season tickets to the Amex in an Argus competition.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I won hospitality tickets to Linkin Park on Monday. Couldn't name one of their songs, but I'm sure the prawn sandwiches will be great...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Anyone remember Chris Evans Big Breakfast show? he used to do a competition where he hung up clues on a washing line, my eldest son was about 13 and he rang in and left his name on the answerphone to enter, then a short while later went out to do his paper round before school, a while later the landline rang, it was Channel 4 Big Breakfast, I answered and this female said are you Scott, I said no I'm his dad, she said there is no time we are going live just pretend to be him, so Chris came on and said Hi is that Scott From South wales, I said Yes, he had a bit of a chat and said right who is the celebrity, I said Elizabeth Taylor, he said How did you get it from that???? I just replied it was a lucky guess I suppose, 3 days later a Pink 14 inch TV arrived with the egg and toast as an aerial, the boys used it in there bedroom for many years (for what its worth he hung up a rubber snake and I don't know why but I immediately thought of Cleopatra and the ASP snake!)

Just worked it out my son is now 38 so it was about 25 years ago!!! bloody hell.......

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Most recent thing I won was tickets to an actual pissup in a brewery. It was properly organised.

Microbrewers birthday party, competition winners wristbands got free drink all day.

Won various things off radio stations before I worked in one. The volume of prizes that go unclaimed is unreal - and except on really tinpot stations the prizes are all genuine. Had many a dinner, cinema trip etc using up vouchers unclaimed from a year ago that were a week away from going out of date; but its not just the low end stuff that isn't claimed. We donated a runners up prize of a grand to charity shortly before I left - winner clearly only wanted the car!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I won Highgate Jowl of the Week in the second week of March. A simple competition in which anyone residing in the N6 area would take a selfie at the crack of dawn on the Monday, and then again at midnight the follow Sunday. Within that time, one has to increase the size of their jowl - multiple jowl holders have their own competition in number of - and by gubbins I went for it with a pure butter, yeast and pastry diet. I was sick a lot, and had awful greasy turds, but the space below where my chin used to wobble less could, effectively, inhabit 19 brussel sprouts, rather than the previous 12, according to jowl-measurer, Dr Plinth.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Mrs Competition" has now won a years supply of water.

As such a case of water is coming my way tonight.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I won second prize in a Crossword Competition in a comic when I was a kid. I got a 10/- book token. That's ten shillings - i.e. 50p.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Never won a thing! Closest I've come is I won second prize in a beauty contest, during a game of monopoly... which I went on to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I won a Bertie Bassett watch and a giant Weetabix man from the co-op when I was about 8, also drew a cartoon picture of Jason Donovan for my little sister when I was about 10 which ended up being printed in Just 17. Bragging rights ahoy!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally, nothing much, but my wife won the 'Trip to Sweden' top prize in the IKEA 'swipe a prize' promotion.

4* hotel in Stockholm for 4 nights, for 4 people - flights, private transfers, top rooms, £500 spending money, canoe tour, city 'viking' tour, and all meals and drinks.

We didn't know how they would manage the 'meals and drinks' part, but turns out that rather than vouchers for the hotel restaurant, which we expected, it is just a shitload of CASH. £200 for each evening meal for 4, and £150 for each lunch! The cheque, with the 'spending money' is for £1,900!

We are going in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it immensely.

Just back from this trip, over the weekend.

Absolutely superb. What a great city.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
I won a ps4 on twitter at launch through an ad campaign on c4, also won bestival tickets this year on twitter again... if you want stuff enter comps on twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here