Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time - BBC1 22:45

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
.....and the shirty guy summarised all that is completely wrong with the hard left - completely intolerant of anyone else's views, completely inflexible regarding his own views and trys to win arguments by simply ranting down opponents at high volume.

And it's telling that the Guardian isn't even reporting this TV highlight yet everyone else does. The guy, called Steve German, is a militant trade unionist. Unless you'd watched the entire show you won't have seen the build up including when he was given a right to reply (he sounded unhinged then) earlier and before he just continually heckled. Dimbleby has never done that before so it tells you what a complete tool the guy was regardless of political views. And taste in shirts!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gina Miller reminded everyone that 2 years to do Brexit is impossible. A transitional deal is an absolute must, few seem to realise this yet

Some real idiots in the audience this week. If you have a question put your hand up, if you start shouting get out

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
And it's telling that the Guardian isn't even reporting this TV highlight yet everyone else does. The guy, called Steve German, is a militant trade unionist. Unless you'd watched the entire show you won't have seen the build up including when he was given a right to reply (he sounded unhinged then) earlier and before he just continually heckled. Dimbleby has never done that before so it tells you what a complete tool the guy was regardless of political views. And taste in shirts!!

It was pretty clear he was an idiot and i have no idea why he was given the chance to speak on the basis he was shouting over the panel. That was when I turned off.

Being 'completely intolerant of anyone else's views, completely inflexible regarding his own views and trying to win arguments by simply ranting down opponents at high volume' are not attributes limited to the 'hard left' though? Idiots are idiots, across the political spectrum.

Exhibit A being Donald Trump.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.....and the shirty guy summarised all that is completely wrong with the hard left - completely intolerant of anyone else's views, completely inflexible regarding his own views and trys to win arguments by simply ranting down opponents at high volume.
Have you listened to anyone on the alt right ?

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you listened to anyone on the alt right ?

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

yes i have, loads of them
and they are nowhere near as rude, shouty and confrontational as the type of person so brilliantly personified by shouty mcshoutface on QT last night.
Hope this helps.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
It will be a load of pony! The panel will pussyfoot around the subject won't mention Muslims or the ideology of radical Islam. It will be typical BBC leftism at its glorious best. I wonder if a member of the audience will ask Andy burnham why he shares a platform with MEND. Why not invite Tommy Robinson or Tony Bellew on the show that would even it up a bit.

Correct .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Cheers, are you in audience, so I can throw post its at tv :)

Sadly not.

It's from The Hastings Centre, which is opposite the hospital on The Ridge. http://www.hastingscentre.co.uk/about/

The panel is:

Liam Fox - Conservative MP
Stella Creasy - Labour MP
Zanny Minton Beddoes - The Economist
Kerry-Anne Mendoza - The Canary
Nick Ferrari - LBC

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sadly not.

It's from The Hastings Centre, which is opposite the hospital on The Ridge. http://www.hastingscentre.co.uk/about/

The panel is:

Liam Fox - Conservative MP
Stella Creasy - Labour MP
Zanny Minton Beddoes - The Economist
Kerry-Anne Mendoza - The Canary
Nick Ferrari - LBC

No Amber Rudd?
She could've got May to stand in for her!
Nick 'on my LBC Radio show' Ferrari will be a hoot.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At least David Dimbleby will get home early

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here