Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players or the manager leaving

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When was the last time we were this laid back about players or the manager wanting out?

Before 1990 I reckon

Have I just given us the kiss of death?...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Don't speak too soon - David Stockdale hasn't signed a new contract yet - and that will melt this place if he doesn't....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't speak too soon - David Stockdale hasn't signed a new contract yet - and that will melt this place if he doesn't....

I think most would wish him well and I'm not convinced we'd struggle too much to replace him. Having said that I hope he stays

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Really will it ?... I think most like me would like him to sign but wont go into meltdown over it.

larus

We (or should I say TB :) ) have gradually built something which I feel has the ability to make us a stable premier league team. And IMO the club have demonstrated the ability to recruit successfully.

We have to accept that players aren't fans (usually), and they will sometimes make decisions in their own interest. But, we are much more of an attractive option now for potential signings in terms lo location, facilities and potential. Yes, we will lose some players that we would like to retain, but we're more likely to be able to identify and recruit able replacements. Many thought the end of things when Gus, Bridcutt and Buckley left, but, after a couple of seasons adjusting, we kept moving forward.

Whatever happens, I trust the club will handle things professionally.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
When was the last time we were this laid back about players or the manager wanting out?

Before 1990 I reckon

Have I just given us the kiss of death?...

Dale Stephens ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Stockdale is a good keeper, not exceptional (Villa was his last game). Whatever the reasons he hasn't signed a new contract yet, Albion's sudden new found wealth should mean they are able to find a replacement as good if not better.

I would be happy if he signs a new deal though, without holding the club to ransom.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we're far more likely to get relegated if Stockdale leaves. That understanding between Dunk, Duffy and Stockdale will stand us in good stead, and if we re-sign him then I think our chances of survival will be good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doubt there will be too many players with a compelling desire to leave a Premier League club with their family settled in a lovely city in order to warm the bench somewhere grim. Unless they're completely driven by money of course. In which case, fair enough, it's a short career, and a tough call.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

be a few going mental but as mentioned , most would wish him well and he is very replaceable with better.

Win win in a way

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here