Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Monk resigned

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seems a bit odd - he was doing a good job (as far as I could see) at Leeds, so it seems odd that just when Leeds' biggest problem (Cellini) is taken out of the picture, Monk ups and offs. U

I thought he'd done well too, but I have a few Leeds-supporting friends and they're jubilant that he's gone - they thought he was holding the team back and if the club had had a decent manager, they'd have walked the league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought he'd done well too, but I have a few Leeds-supporting friends and they're jubilant that he's gone - they thought he was holding the team back and if the club had had a decent manager, they'd have walked the league.

That's because the majority of Leeds fans are deluded isn't it ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seems a bit odd - he was doing a good job (as far as I could see) at Leeds, so it seems odd that just when Leeds' biggest problem (Cellini) is taken out of the picture, Monk ups and offs. Unless he thinks the new bloke is even worse...............................................

A bloke at work whose missus works for LUFC says that he'd made his mind up way back in February. The club had tried to open talks about a new contract but he flatly refused even to discuss it and had made noises to the backroom staff about offers that he's had and whether they would join him wherever, if he was to leave. I can't vouch for the veracity of this other than to say he (chap at work) and his wife aren't ones for making stories up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A bloke at work whose missus works for LUFC says that he'd made his mind up way back in February. The club had tried to open talks about a new contract but he flatly refused even to discuss it and had made noises to the backroom staff about offers that he's had and whether they would join him wherever, if he was to leave. I can't vouch for the veracity of this other than to say he (chap at work) and his wife aren't ones for making stor up.

The new owner stated this too, it was clear that Monk saw his futurew away from Leeds and wasnt prepared to make a long term commitment.Could have the touch of Gus about him, but I do not know enough personally.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

What these chaps say:

They sound a bit thick then. That club was run like a circus. He performed miracles

That's because the majority of Leeds fans are deluded isn't it ?

Any Leeds fan who doesn't think that Gary Monk was the best thing to happen to the club in years is only fooling themselves. The Leeds fans I know all say that he put a passion and excitement back in the club that hadn't been there for years. From what my Leeds supporting friends tell me it sounds like the kind of buzz that Gus brought to Brighton but obviously on a much linger and larger scale.

Talking of which - has Gus' name been mentioned in connection with the Leeds job? I honestly can't see him lasting too much longer in self-imposed but highly lucrative purdah in the Far East. I would have thought he would be the ideal candidate for the Leeds job, he's got history there and he constantly made overtures towards the club when he was with us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A bloke at work whose missus works for LUFC says that he'd made his mind up way back in February. The club had tried to open talks about a new contract but he flatly refused even to discuss it and had made noises to the backroom staff about offers that he's had and whether they would join him wherever, if he was to leave. I can't vouch for the veracity of this other than to say he (chap at work) and his wife aren't ones for making stories up.
Interesting. Obviously, he'd need to get them back to the PL first, but I would think there's quite a good chance of that next season. And once up in the PL, Leeds are (no matter how much we might not like it) a big - or at least a fairly big - club, and it's difficult to see what he could have in mind as a 'bigger' club where the managerial role might become available to him; he ain't going to get a top 6 or top 7 club, is he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here