Radio in the Premier League

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hopefully JC & Warren will remain

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Of course! Honestly, this Premier League thing just keeps giving. There keeps being an extra "bonus" that I hadn't previously thought about. Whether it's that our players are suddenly included in Fantasy Football, or the sudden interest in a Premier league sticker album, and now games being covered on 5 Live - listening to Brighton games while driving in my car! Ruddy marvellous.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Of course! Honestly, this Premier League thing just keeps giving. There keeps being an extra "bonus" that I hadn't previously thought about. Whether it's that our players are suddenly included in Fantasy Football, or the sudden interest in a Premier league sticker album, and now games being covered on 5 Live - listening to Brighton games while driving in my car! Ruddy marvellous.

Sweet :) I probably should have clarified that I meant the BBC Sussex coverage. Past few phones I have owned have had FM radio built in but my new phone doesn't. Just wondering whether I will need to sign up to Seagulls World or not.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sweet :) I probably should have clarified that I meant the BBC Sussex coverage. Past few phones I have owned have had FM radio built in but my new phone doesn't. Just wondering whether I will need to sign up to Seagulls World or not.

Yeah, I thought you did. I'm not Sussex-based though, and you can't listen across the Internet because Seagulls World have a monopoly over that. So, I only get radio coverage if 5 Live ever appear interested. next season, that could happen a lot more, as we are either being moved to a live slot when we are the only game on, or it's probably about a 1 in 3 shot at 3pm on most Saturdays.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Big one for me is the fact that 100% of our games will be streamed live, so will be able to watch every single away game, should you do such things...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My daughter lives in Fratton.
If there hasn't been a stream on the web, she has listened to it on the BBC Sussex channel on Freeview.

Hoof_It

May 25, 2017
Ok I get you're not going to like that I am an AFCB supporter but thought I'd share some of the pleasant surprises you get for being at the top table.

- MOTD, obviously
- Extended match highlights on Sky, that night and on demand.
- Free local radio commentary every match from the club website (This is new for us this coming season, hope you get the same deal).
- Goals on Sunday
- Decent reports in national rags

Not so pleasant surprises
- Maximum 3,000 away tickets, even Old Trafford
- Games moved with a few weeks notice to Monday night, Sunday lunctime, etc. No way of booking advanced travel and accomodation without risking the game being moved.
- Being patronised by people from Surrey that are life long United, Arsenal, Liverpool, ... fans
- Big clubs complaining about fixture congestion and injuries, whilst having a squad of 25 internationals, as being the reason you beat them.
- Everyone thinks you have bought or cheated your way to a decent league finish because you are only little and can't have done it any other way (Sorry, couldn't help myself).

Overall though it is bloomin' marvelous. Enjoy next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here