Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flip Flop Advice

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I used to have a brilliant pair of Merrell flip flops about ten years ago from Sole Trader in Brighton and they have had to be binned a couple of years back as they were beyond repair. They had an oriental design on the bottom, leather thong and straps, I bloody loved those flip flops and have not been able to find anything as good since. Can anyone recommend some sturdy yet stylish flip flops for general everyday use? Tried some cheap ones and they have been crap so willing to spend a few quid especially if they will last like my old ones.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just taken receipt of a couple of pairs of FitFlops for the summer holidays.

Great support if you're walking/wearing them all day.

It's my age apparently.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Havaianas. Never had a bad pair, unlike lots of others, such have given me blisters and are just plain uncomfortable...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I wear Birkenstocks for about 9 months of the year. Very comfortable and they last.

I'm not sure that they're considered 'cool' but I'm married, getting on and don't need to impress anyone!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I wear Birkenstocks for about 9 months of the year. Very comfortable and they last.

I'm not sure that they're considered 'cool' but I'm married, getting on and don't need to impress anyone!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

I too am married, the wife swears by them but I just can't bring myself to buy them, not sure what my Issue is with them. Even tried them on once but they aint for me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
G15892_04_standard.jpg

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I live in flip flops, well, 9 montgs of the year, i always think the important thing is cloth between the toes, the rubber ones cut in and blister like a bitch, you dont need to spend a lot on them, within a couple of days they shape to fit your feet anyway, Primark £7 ish, jobs a good'un, if i get 9 months constant use out of them, i aint complaining.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I recently dipped a toe into the Fit Flop camp. I find them very comfortable, and am able to wear them much longer than any other pair I have tried.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Havaianas. Never had a bad pair, unlike lots of others, such have given me blisters and are just plain uncomfortable...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have to disagree. The first pair of Havaianas I had gave me blisters and the strap rubbed on my feet for the first few weeks but weren't too bad after that. The second pair just kept rubbing on my feet and I had to stop wearing them.

They're really designed for wearing at the beach or by the pool, not for comfort and daily use.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I have to disagree. The first pair of Havaianas I had gave me blisters and the strap rubbed on my feet for the first few weeks but weren't too bad after that. The second pair just kept rubbing on my feet and I had to stop wearing them.

They're really designed for wearing at the beach or by the pool, not for comfort and daily use.

I have never been convinced by them, I tried some on bit the felt cheap and basic. Saying that they seem popular and that is normally for a good reason.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I used to have a brilliant pair of Merrell flip flops about ten years ago from Sole Trader in Brighton and they have had to be binned a couple of years back as they were beyond repair. They had an oriental design on the bottom, leather thong and straps, I bloody loved those flip flops and have not been able to find anything as good since. Can anyone recommend some sturdy yet stylish flip flops for general everyday use? Tried some cheap ones and they have been crap so willing to spend a few quid especially if they will last like my old ones.

Not sure I need a flip - and I am all too familiar with a flop - but do tell us more about the leather thong part, please?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here