Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do we think Rooney will end up?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Player manager up the road? Oh god, that would be interesting! Any old folks homes nearby to Selhurst?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

It won't let me open the link without the Twitter app. Ain't got no time for Twitter.

#fakenews #alternativefacts

Totally agree with you. I love Claridge on 5Live, especially on Monday and Friday evening debates. Stands up to others talking shite.

Sutton is actually quite spiteful and follows obvious narratives ... for example if a club such as Arsenal or Liverpool are missing their three best players, Sutton ignores that completely as any kind of factor and blames a loss 100% on the manager. This Monday, he was on a 30 minutes mission to blame just Moyes for Sunderland's relegation, whereas his more cerebral colleagues talked also of the bank debts, journeymen squad, 6 years of struggle, the hated absent owner and revealing comments made by their ex managers.

Albion fans will dislike Sutton so much next season, if we're in a loosing run. Bloom and Hughton will the Sutton boot, with him knowing bugger all about the club.

Sutton starts every other sentence with 'don't tell me'. :ffsparr: 'don't tell me Chris you've never filed for bankruptcy'.

Don't knock it, that's a good Saturday night out in my books.

You are a potential drinking buddy for Rooney. :thumbsup:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
An exciting player in his youth at Everton, and was not that much the junior partner to Ronaldo at Man Utd.

Seems to have aged badly at only age 31. The pace he used to have is not there anymore, and other parts of his game. Of field lifestyle maybe part of the problem.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He is probably the most talented player of his generation. His record of being the highest scorer for Manchester United and England will count for nothing among some. The fact that he Captained both teams as well will cut little ice with most, I reckon.
Sometimes we can not see the wood from the trees. He has been brilliant and has had a brilliant career and people slagging him off will wait a long time before they see his like again. Just saying!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He is probably the most talented player of his generation. His record of being the highest scorer for Manchester United and England will count for nothing among some. The fact that he Captained both teams as well will cut little ice with most, I reckon.
Sometimes we can not see the wood from the trees. He has been brilliant and has had a brilliant career and people slagging him off will wait a long time before they see his like again. Just saying!

Harry Kane is already a better striker. I expect Kane to go on to be a star for England and beat Rooney's goal scoring record.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Now United have won the Europa league it would not surprise me to see Kane playing for United next year.

With Spurs's new ground on the way, I'd be surprised. A tricky playmaker and another centre forward and spurs will look like force next season. Where as Man United need a massive revamp on their squad. So much overpaid crap playing for United right now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
China might be a bit too confusing for him, USA I reckon.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Harry Kane is already a better striker. I expect Kane to go on to be a star for England and beat Rooney's goal scoring record.
When Harry does break his record I shall be among the first to congratulate him. However, he hasn't yet and it does not diminish what Rooney has done. Haters gotta hate I suppose.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Clearly signing for Palace........
Rooney.PNG

Seriously I think 2 seasons at Celtic/Rangers and then one or two in China/America.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
China might be a bit too confusing for him, USA I reckon.

.. and the US press will stop giving him interviews unless a translator is present.

Personally, I think he'll go to Everton. He's a home-boy, and his Mrs loves being around her family too. That, or he'll retire, which I doubt. He lives for football.

When he does retire, I reckon he'll be wider than he is tall within a few years and he'll go right off the rails. Listening to him speak makes me want to nod off, so I can't see him in punditry...

Either way, you can't deny he was one hell of a player. The stats prove he is great - but his actions, personality, and (his unfortunate) looks means he's really been overlooked. To be a "great" these days really helps if you can be a poster-boy.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It will be either Everton or the US?

I think he would prefer to go back to Everton, but I'm not sure they will want him back. Doesn't look like a KOeman type player to me, and to be honest, I don't think he is good enough anymore for a top 7 team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here