• Poll closed .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Absolutely LOVING your work on this [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

The latter stages of the tournament are going to be BRUTAL

I'm marking exams, so this is providing a welcome distraction!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I worry about my voting. Are these the best 80's songs or the best songs? I mean are these actually good songs or just classics of that era. eg I don't really like Final Countdown by Bon Jovi. I don't own it, I wouldnt choose it on a pub jukebox BUT it is a classic 80's hit that helps define my childhood. So I voted for it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I worry about my voting. Are these the best 80's songs or the best songs? I mean are these actually good songs or just classics of that era. eg I don't really like Final Countdown by Bon Jovi. I don't own it, I wouldnt choose it on a pub jukebox BUT it is a classic 80's hit that helps define my childhood. So I voted for it.

These are the 191 number one songs in Chronological order.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I'm voting on the songs I liked the best in the 80's. I too was a kid so they aren't necessarily the 'best' songs of the 80's. That shouldn't be too big a problem as the song selection is only no.1's from the pop chart and we all know that any old dross can get there while much 'better' songs get nowhere near.

Based on the above stated voting criteria I will be going for:

The Final Countdown
Two from the communards, Madonna(papa don't preach NOT True Blue), Berlin and The Housemartins.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I don't think anyone owns Final Countdown by Bon Jovi

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's got to be The Communards - wee Jimmy Somerville delivering botter heaven.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

The bigger issue there is that Bon Jovi didn't sing Final Countdown! (Europe)

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Ok I see what I did there. I was never into long haired American soft rock, I liked Marillion so prefered the long haired British soft rock (they were English, Fish was Scottish and I didnt want to get pulled up over that one either!)

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Ok I see what I did there. I was never into long haired American soft rock, I liked Marillion so prefered the long haired British soft rock (they were English, Fish was Scottish and I didnt want to get pulled up over that one either!)

But - apart from the common factor of long hair - what's that got to do with The Final Countdown by Europe? Don't think anyone much was particularly into long haired Swedish soft rock, until Europe came along.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
But - apart from the common factor of long hair - what's that got to do with The Final Countdown by Europe? Don't think anyone much was particularly into long haired Swedish soft rock, until Europe came along.

.................I just like long hair.......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here